As a PACT member, you have access to preferential rates on insurance products created specifically with the needs of theatre companies in mind:
- The pactONE insurance program provides blanket coverage year-round for your day-to-day risks.
- The Bond Program helps your cash flow and frees up money that can be used in pre-production
- The PACT Group Benefit Plan can be customized to provide coverage that suits the needs of your employees and your organization
pactONE is a comprehensive year-round insurance program available to Regular and Affiliate members of PACT. Its blanket coverage is designed to leave no gaps by insuring your day-to-day risks on productions, operations, office and space rentals, as well as volunteers, employees, and performers.
What is covered?
- Theatrical Property; including all of the property that you own, rent, borrow
- Personal Property of Actors, Performers, Employees & Volunteers
- Performance Disruption + Extra Expenses
- Loss of Income + Extra Expenses
- Catastrophe Accident Indemnity
- Crime Insurance
- Theatrical Liability: Bodily Injury & Property Damage Liability
- Abuse Liability
- Theatrical Venue and Tenant Liability
- Non-Owned Automobile Liability + Physical Damage to Rental Vehicles
- Management Liability
- Privacy & Data Breach
- Copyright and Intellectual Property Infringement
Can you give me more details?
This handy guide will explain everything (in simple English!) pactONE Program Overview
Who else is using pactONE?
Quite of a number of PACT members, including: Factory Theatre, Theatre Passe Muraille, Prairie Theatre Exchange, Canadian Stage, Theatre Calgary, Manitoba Theatre for Young People, Bard on the Beach and The Shaw Festival.
I want a quote / I want to talk to a human being about this.
What does the Bond program do?
As you know, when you’re producing a show, you need to hand over two weeks of artist wages to CAEA as security. Instead, with the Bond Program, a third party (Trisura) puts up the security for you, for a very small fee. Think what you could do with the extra cash flow during pre-production!
What is the Bond program fee?
It is 1.5% of the total amount that needs to be put up. The minimum is $275. Amazing!
Who is eligible to use the Bond program?
All Regular and Affiliate members of PACT.
How do I get a Bond?
I want to talk to a human being about this.
PACT members across Canada are eligible to receive preferential rates when purchasing their Group Benefits coverage through Blueprint Insurance Services.
What else do I get from this plan?
- Full benefit offering
- Reduced expense levels
- Opportunity for increased benefits levels
- Plan design flexibility
- Electronic claim submission (website and mobile app)
- Online plan administration
- Best-in-class carrier selection
What benefits are available?
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability (STD)
- Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Critical Illness
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- Dental Care
- Out of Country Medical Emergency
- Health Spending Account
- WorldCare Medical 2nd Opinion
- LifeWorks Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Group RRSP
I'm not great at this group benefits stuff. What can Blueprint do for me?
Blueprint will guide and assist you in:
- Reviewing your existing plan or designing a new plan, and providing alternatives depending on your objectives
- Gathering information required to obtain a quote
- Completing enrollment forms and Master application
- Providing customized employee member kits (including a streamlined, informative benefit summary)
- Transitioning from your existing carrier
- Training for online plan administration system
- Investigating and resolving any claims issue
We're a small company. Can we afford this?
Yes, you can. Blueprint works with PACT members of all sizes to develop group benefit plans that work for them.
- If you have less than 3 employees, you will have access to a pre-designed plan structure that provides comprehensive benefits with very competitive rates
- For members with 3 or more employees, the plan offers complete flexibility to tailor a plan to suit your needs
Who do I contact for more information or to obtain a quote?
You can contact:
Life & Group Benefits Account Executive
Blueprint Insurance Services Inc.
email@example.com | Toll-free 1.855.561.4544 | Direct 289.427.5293
If you are a PACT Member, you can obtain a quote by providing the following information:
- Basic information on your employees such as D.O.B., gender, single or family coverage, etc.
- You can provide names or some kind of identifying number that will allow you to know who the employee is
- A short Fact Finder that tells us a little about your organization
Additionally, if you have an existing plan, you will need to provide:
- A copy of your current Benefit Booklet(s) or Plan Design Summary
- A copy of your most recent Monthly Billing Statement
- A copy of your most recent Renewal Report, including Claims History (typically 2 years)
If you are not a PACT Member, please reach out to Membership & Communications Manager, Mirette A. Shoeir.
I want to apply for a PACT Bond
If this is your first time applying for a Bond then get in touch with our Labour Relations Manager, Eleanor Antoncic.
I want to renew my Bond.
You can do so online via the Front Row website.