Tapestry Opera is seeking a highly organized artistic administrator to join our team!
The Artistic and General Administrator will play a key role in supporting Tapestry’s artistic projects and senior staff, and will be instrumental in keeping the organization running smoothly. You thrive as part of a team in a highly collaborative and artist-centred organization committed to creating socially engaged, exciting works of art. This role is perfect for someone looking to grow into a Company Manager or Artistic Producer role, and there is definitely room for that growth at Tapestry.
Tapestry Opera is a professional theatre and opera producer that is Canada’s most prolific and rigorous commissioner and producer of new opera works. We are driven to not only cultivate new works, but to cultivate new artists and performance practices that positively evolve the genre, tapping into vital and relevant stories and diverse musical traditions as part of our mandate. We are the leading opera company in Canada in performing works by women and artists from diverse backgrounds and we believe strongly in progressively reflecting and engaging the world we live in through our works and throughout all of our organizational activities.
Things that matter to us:
- You are a driver! You have your eye on your deadlines and are able to work with other staff to help you meet them.
- We make art that is socially engaged – you have an understanding or lived experience of basic principles of equity and anti-oppression, and/or are interested and open to the process of learning
- You are a highly motivated team player with a keen attention to detail and excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- You have a familiarity and ease working with Google business suite and/or Microsoft Office
- You have a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- You are a hands-on implementer with the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- You have an interest in, and understanding of, the arts.
- You are familiar with, or are confident in your ability to get familiar with, PatronManager (Salesforce)
- You are looking for work you’ll love. We do this because we are passionate about it, and we like each other.
We are committed to equity in hiring and specifically encourage people from communities of colour, LGBTQ2S, Indigenous, disabled, and other equity-seeking communities to apply
What we Offer:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible hours and work-from-home days
- Casual working environment
- Unlimited vacation and paid time off
- Open, transparent, and communicative office culture
- Professional development opportunities
What you will do:
This is a comprehensive but not exhaustive list, in which there is room for growth in particular areas of interest to the applicant. As with any small organization, additional duties as required, within reason and subject to discussion.
Artistic Administration (50%)
- General Director Support:
- Facilitating greater efficiency for the General Director’s responsibilities through communication with the Executive Director, staff, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Track and facilitate weekly priorities and artistic timelines
- Artist and Production Support:
- Be the most frequent point of contact for artists and production stakeholders
- Manage contracting, paperwork, and commissioning/ production timelines
- Point of contact between Artistic and Marketing departments, helping translate artistic ideas into content
Facilities Management (30%)
- Studio Management: (Shared with Advancement Associate)
- manage calendars, contracts, and bookings for studio rentals
- manage studiorentals@ email address
- Office Management
- Day-to-day management of office space
- Managing info@ email address
Communications Administration support (20%)
- Tracking and evaluation:
- monitoring media, assisting with tracking analytics and reporting
- Show Promotion support:
- manage event listings and Dora nomination processes
If this sounds like something that you could love, we’d like to hear from you.
Checklist: Please include as one complete pdf file, in this order:
Cover letter (hint, research the company) on why you’d like to work for Tapestry and why you think you’d make an excellent candidate for this role.
If you are invited for an interview, please be prepared to provide two references that we can contact by phone and/or email.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your pdf attachment and include Artistic Administrator in the subject line.
Submission Deadline: Sunday, October 3rd, 2021, 11:59pm
We look forward to meeting you!