Website Alberta Theatre Projects
Alberta Theatre Projects is preparing for our 2021-22 Season of producing live, professional, contemporary theatre in Calgary.
At Alberta Theatre Projects, we create world-class contemporary theatre that blurs the line between the audience and the artist, by telling the most provocative and engaging stories of our time. By embracing the intimacy and unique audience configuration opportunities of the Martha Cohen Theatre, we offer an exciting new experience for our audience with each production.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Alberta Theatre Projects is looking for a team-oriented individual to fill the role of Head of Wardrobe for the 2021-22 season, with the possibility of extension. This is a seasonal full-time position with work expecting to commence on October 12, 2021, and concluding in late January, with the possibility of some gaps during the work term.
Working conditions, wages, and benefits for this role are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between IATSE Local 212 and Alberta Theatre Projects.
- Coordination of all wardrobe construction activities, including ensuring that wardrobe construction stays on schedule and within assigned budgets
- Working with designers to translate plans to what’s on stage
- Liaising with stage management with regards to scheduling fittings, establishing rehearsal requirements, etc.
- Management of the wardrobe shop and related personnel
- Assisting with the recruitment of wardrobe personnel
- Assist in the budgeting of the wardrobe department and provide a cost estimate for all designs in advance of construction
- Tracking and reporting all wardrobe and related expenditures
- Purchasing costume pieces, fabrics and accessories
- Production of all required paperwork for the running crew
- Ensuring all wardrobe activities are performed in a safe and orderly manner consistent with company policy, practice and procedures
- Reading all scripts for ATP productions prior to the first day of the build
- 3+ years professional work experience in a theatrical work environment, and preference will be given to those with management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Detailed knowledge of wardrobe construction
- Budget management skills
- Knowledge of Health & Safety compliance
- A valid driver’s license.
- Team player with a good general knowledge of all aspects of theatre and live performance
- This position requires a flexible work schedule due to operational needs of Alberta Theatre Projects and events taking place in the Martha Cohen Theatre, including frequent evening, weekend, and holiday work.
Please email a letter of interest and resume in confidence to Kyle Russell at email@example.com by September 22, 2021.
Alberta Theatre Projects is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community. We believe in quality and inclusion and strongly encourage submissions from all qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, and physical ability. We also encourage you to self-identify as you are comfortable in your application. If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know in the application process. All confidence will be maintained for such requests.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. For more information about Alberta Theatre Projects please visit our website http://www.albertatheatreprojects.com