Founded in 1975, The Blyth Centre for the Arts includes the Blyth Festival – our professional, regional theatre – a community orchestra, the Blyth Festival singers and a curated art gallery.
Our stage productions at Blyth Festival are dedicated to sharing the unique stories and experiences of rural life in Ontario and across Canada. Since 2016, through the dedication of our staff and company, the unwavering support from our community & donors, and under the leadership of Artistic Director, Gil Garratt, the Blyth Festival has doubled its budget, grown in scope and extended its season.
In 2019, our 45th season, we introduced our Deeper Roots series with curated talks to complement the presentations on our stage. We remain focused and committed to showing how our innovative arts centre can transform not just rural economic development, but the very meaning of community and inclusion in 21st century rural towns in Canada.
We are seeking a creative and highly motivated individual to join our Audience Development Team. The Development & Marketing Manager will work to grow the donor and sponsorship base as well as assisting with the annual marketing plan. This is a full-time position, based in Blyth, Ontario; some regional travel will be required.
As Development & Marketing Manager, you will work closely with, and report to, our Director of Audience Development & Services as you collaborate on and implement the fundraising and marketing strategies.
You are a great networker with skills and experience being part of a sponsorship team. You are organized, detailed and able to manage a pipeline of prospects in addition to maintaining strong relationships with existing donors and members. You want to bring your own innovative and creative ideas to marketing and fundraising and be very hands-on with the implementation of these plans. You will have a keen interest in storytelling with a love for the dramatic arts. You are passionate and excited about helping to grow regional professional theatre in Ontario.
- $42,000 – $48,000 based on experience
- Comprehensive benefits package
- 10 days vacation upon completion of a 3-month probationary period
- Flexible working environment
- Organize and implement development initiatives including meetings, partnership proposals, and communications to secure financial and in-kind donations.
- Manage a pool of prospective new individual and corporate donors and sponsors through research, communications, solicitation and ongoing stewardship.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing donors and sponsors and implement new strategies for increasing renewals and upgrading donor levels.
- Develop promotions, sponsorship packages and recognition benefits to entice patrons/sponsors to the theatre.
- Ensure that graphics, legal/contract requirements and sponsor recognition opportunities are delivered through printed materials and social media strategies.
- Oversee sponsorship recognition activities.
- Create and contribute to copy for quarterly newsletter (in collaboration with all staff).
- Help oversee the planning for membership campaigns and special events to meet revenue goals.
- Ensure revenue and expense budgets for special events are met, as developed on an annual basis.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date data in our Theatre Manager CRM database.
- Collaborate on the production of the Blyth Festival season images, group sales promotions, newsletters, house programs, membership brochure, website and other promotional materials.
- Sell advertising for publications where appropriate.
- Update media lists annually and maintain accurate lists throughout the year including media profiles, interests and deadlines.
- Participate in mailing of invitations to special events and promote attendance.
- Help develop individual ticket initiatives and in-house promotional displays.
- Appreciation for the dramatic arts and attends all of Blyth shows
- University or College level degree in marketing, communications, business or arts.
- Proven experience in fundraising and donor solicitation.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Detailed and organized with superior time management skills.
- Can work independently as well as with a team.
- Creative and innovative with a good sense of design.
- Capable of working in a small team with challenging deadlines.
- Appreciates small towns and country living.
- Willing to work some evenings and weekends.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2020. Please include in the subject line: Development & Marketing Manager.
Blyth Festival for the Arts is a proud supporter of equal opportunity in the workplace. We value diversity and an inclusive work environment. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at (519) 523-9300.
Blyth Festival for the Arts thanks all applicants but will respond only to those selected for an interview.