ABOUT THE POSITION
Crow’s Theatre seeks a Development Coordinator to join our team. This full-time position provides a unique opportunity for an up and coming fundraiser to play a meaningful role with a vibrant and entrepreneurial cultural hub.
Reporting to the Director of Development and assisting the Manager of Major Gifts and Corporate Partnerships, the Development Coordinator will provide critical support needed to achieve annual and project fundraising targets.
Further, the Development Coordinator will ensure that database maintenance, material preparation, donor research and correspondence, and all departmental systems are completed accurately and on a timely basis.
The following list outlines a range of specific tasks and responsibilities. Other duties will present themselves on an as needed basis:
- Provide administrative support to the department
- Coordinate stewardship and fulfillment for individual donors, including donation and pledge tracking, payment entry, acknowledgement letters, recognition, tax receipts, and record keeping for CRA and audit purposes
- Maintain accurate donor and donation tracking systems
- Assist with the preparation of research, proposals, stewardship reports, call and briefing notes, and other fundraising materials
- Assist with coordination of the prospect pipeline management process
- Function as the primary caretaker of the fundraising database system and its associated procedures, ensuring compliance, precise detail and record-keeping, and optimized utilization of the systems
- Assist with fundraising cultivation, appreciation, and events tasks
- Provide excellent customer service for donors and sponsors when needed
- Able to work independently and deliver on deadlines
- Oversee all aspects of Crow’s participation in OLG Charitable Gaming program, including scheduling, training, volunteer coordination and reporting
- Working with other members of the Development Department, and in coordination with the Marketing Department, coordinate the seasonal email and social media campaigns/appeals
- Update and ensure the accuracy of relevant sections of Crow’s Theatre website
- Assist Major Gifts Manager and Events Director with event planning and delivery
- Previous working experience in an arts and/or culture company would be an asset
- General knowledge of fundraising practices, procedures and standards/compliance
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Previous experience working with CRMs would be considered an asset
- Good time management with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines, and prioritize with minimal direction
- Strong judgement skills and absolute discretion with confidential and sensitive information
- Able to think critically and to exercise independent and sound judgement in anticipating needs and taking initiative
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends
This is a permanent employment position with a salary commensurate with experience. The position includes participation in Crow’s extended health benefits package.
To apply, please email your detailed resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Refer to “Development Coordinator” in the subject line.
The deadline to apply is Friday, January 17, 2020. We thank all applicants, but only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Crow’s is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion or national origin.