Website Canadian Stage Company
Canadian Stage Company
Position: Bar Server
Dates: starting immediately
We are hiring part-time bar servers for our Berkeley Street Theatre. Reporting to the Front of House Manager, Operations and Events these are front line positions that involve direct interaction with the public, and require superior customer service and sales skills.
The major responsibilities of the position include:
- Communicate effectively with patrons while maintaining a high standard of customer service including escalating customer concerns;
- Increasing concession and bar revenue;
- Provide regular reporting of concession, expenses and inventory;
- Assist with the set-up and strike of the bar;
- Compliance with the theatre and liquor laws of Ontario;
- Cash handling, maintaining floats, making change and preparing nightly deposits;
- Participating in nightly briefing and weekly meetings;
- Ensuring patron safety and satisfaction in a calm and relaxed environment;
- Maintaining knowledge of the bar menu;
- Awareness of safety and sanitation when handling food and beverage;
- All other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Superior cash management skills;
- POS experience;
- Experience working in a front of house environment;
- Experience supervising volunteers;
- Available to work evenings, weekends and statutory holidays;
- Up to date First Aid/CPR training (mandatory);
- SmartServe certified;
- Must be age of majority to serve alcoholic beverages;
- OTEC certificate an asset.
The physical demands of this position include:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift;
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs;
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting;
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps.
Submit a cover letter and resume by email to Robin Gaunt, Front of House Manager, Events and Operations via email@example.com by Friday September 28, 2018. Please indicate Application for Bar Server in the subject field
All applications are considered confidential.
Canadian Stage welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Founded in 1987, Canadian Stage is one of the country’s leading not-for-profit contemporary performing arts organizations. The company produces, presents, commissions, and collaborates with multiple partners on cross-disciplinary work with a focus on performance styles that integrate theatre, dance, film, visual arts and more. Sharing innovative and vibrant performance work from Canada and around the world, the company stages an annual season at three Toronto venues (The Bluma Appel Theatre at Civic Theatres Toronto; The Berkeley Street Theatre; and the High Park Amphitheatre), in addition to running a series of artist training through our MFA in Theatre Stage Direction in collaboration with York University, RBC Emerging Artist Program, and TD Accessible Ticket Program, Canadian Stage has established a distinct place within the national cultural landscape. Operating in the culturally vibrant downtown east end of Toronto, Canadian Stage is a home for new, challenging dynamic art forms, as well as an incubator and exporter of leading edge contemporary and multidisciplinary activity. Our vision is to be a catalyst to shape, revitalize, and animate the physical and social character of our ever changing neighbourhood around arts and cultural activities. For more information, visit www.canadianstage.com.