Copyright and Licence
Reserved Rights and Grant of Limited Licence
Copyright © 2017 Professional Association of Canadian Theatres. All rights reserved.
The Professional Association of Canadian Theatres (PACT) owns the intellectual property rights, including copyright, in and to this website. As a user of this website, you are granted a limited licence to use (display or print) a reasonable amount of information from this website for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided the information is not modified. Any other use of the information is prohibited. None of the information may be otherwise reproduced, republished or re-disseminated in any manner or form without the prior written consent of PACT.
PACT retains the right to take appropriate legal action to enforce its rights. PACT disclaims any liability for unauthorized use or reproduction of any portion of this website.
PACT encourages organizations and businesses to use this website as a theatre resource. If you would like to link to this website, we request that you:
- Inform us that you are creating a link by sending an email to email@example.com
- Indicate the URL of the page where your link will be placed
- Link to the home page www.pact.ca instead of specific pages within the website.
PACT reserves the right to prohibit links to our website and such determination will be made solely by PACT.
Certain words, phrases, names, designs or logos used on the website may constitute trademarks, service marks or trade names of PACT or other entities. The display of any such marks or names on the website does not imply that PACT or other entities have granted a licence or authorization of any kind.
The website may contain links to other sites. These links are provided as references to help you identify and locate other internet resources that may be of interest. Parties other than PACT independently developed these other sites and therefore PACT does not assume responsibility for the accuracy or appropriateness of the information contained on such websites.
In providing links to other sites, PACT is not acting as a publisher or disseminator of the material contained on these other sites and does not seek to control the content of, or maintain any type of editorial control over, such sites. A link to another site should not be construed to mean that PACT is associated with or is legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the link.
In addition, the mention of another party or its products or services on the website should not be construed as an endorsement of that party or its products or services.
Member Forum and Comment Policy
We encourage an open and honest exchange of ideas and expect all users of the blogs and message boards to respect the rights of others. By using the blogs and message boards, you agree to abide by the following policy. If you do not wish to abide by the policy, immediately cease use of the blogs and message boards. Your continued use of this blogs and message boards constitutes your acceptance of the policy.
- Practice civility and courtesies in your communications. Although disagreements may arise from time to time, be respectful of your fellow blog and message board participants.
- Exercise caution when posting personal information. If you choose to post any personal information, you do so at your own risk. PACT shall have no liability whatsoever of any kind attributable to your posting of personal information or your posting of personal information of others.
- Do not post anything illegal, defamatory, false, inaccurate, abusive, harmful, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, overtly offensive, invasive of a person’s privacy, or otherwise objectionable on the blogs and message boards. PACT reserves the right at its discretion to determine whether any posting is in violation hereof and to prohibit your access to the blogs and message boards as a result.
- You agree to be solely responsible for any claim based on your message(s).
- Do not spam. You agree to not post messages that advertise or promote the buying, selling or trading of any product, service or item.
- You agree to not post messages containing personal advertisements, such as want ads, personal items or events.
PACT reserves the right to suspend blog and message board privileges of anyone who violates this policy, and reserves the right to remove any posting that violates this policy. Messages on the blog and message boards are monitored and will be manually removed as soon as possible if deemed by PACT to be in violation of the policy.
This comment policy is subject to change at anytime.
PACT collects, maintains and disseminates information about our Member Theatres for the general public. PACT may also include links to websites of organizations that support or relate to the professional theatre community. Inclusion in the Theatre Listing database is, at this time, open to PACT Member Theatres, arts service organizations, funding bodies, and professional producing theatre companies.
PACT reserves the right to exclude from its resources any organization that it has adequate reason to believe is not appropriate to the mandate of PACT.