Founded in 1968, Youtheatre is Quebec’s oldest professional theatre company producing work for young audiences. With a mandate to create and develop compelling new work for audiences in Montreal, Youtheatre also regularly tours its productions on a regional and national level in both official languages.
• Coordinate all administrative, financial and operational activities of the organization. This includes:
• Forecast and oversee annual budget;
• Provide cash flow projections and budgetary forecast and report financial activities to the Board;
• Establish, maintain and monitor operating procedures and systems of control for all financial transactions and government compliance matters; and
• Manage banking and bookkeeping activities, including but not limited to salaries, deposits and bookkeeping and disbursements (Bookkeeping experience is not mandatory, but is an asset).
Fundraising and Grant Writing
• Planning and execution of all grant activities (CCA, CALQ, and CAM, Ville de Montréal as well as all foundations and corporate grants);
• Organize and manage fundraising campaigns and events; and
• Prospect, secure and steward potential corporate sponsors as well as the support of foundations and private donors.
General Office Management
• Maintain day-to-day office operations;
• Hire, train and supervise administrative staff and volunteers; and
• Negotiate all employee and artistic contracts.
Marketing & Communications
• Manage all promotional campaigns and communications materials.
• Undertake long-range planning with the Artistic Director(s);
• Represent Youtheatre at meetings and conferences within the professional artistic community; and
• Work to maintain the integrity of Youtheatre’s mandate and vision.
• B.A or B.Com Degree;
• Minimum of 5 years experience working with a professional arts organization;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, in both English and French;
• Financial acumen, experience in producing budgets and financial reports;
• Bookkeeping background and knowledge of Sage Simply Accounting is an asset;
• Experience with fundraising and grant writing;
• Self-management skills and attention to detail;
• Ability to communicate effectively and promote a positive team environment;
• Ability to manage several projects at once; and
• Knowledge of policies and agreements such as PACT, TUEJ, CAEA, UDA, APASQ is an asset.
• Position reports directly to the Artistic Director(s).
Annual salary for this full-time position will be between $40,000-$50,000 depending on experience and skill-set.
Start Date: May 1, 2019
Application Deadline: February 1, 2019
Please submit CV and cover letter to Janna Smith at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.