YOUNG PEOPLE’S THEATRE (YPT) is the oldest professional theatre company in Toronto and is a national producer and presenter of theatre for young audiences – the first and largest of its kind in Canada. Over the past 54 years YPT has staged many of the most important plays that form the canon of work for youth in our country. The enriched learning experiences of YPT’s Education & Participation (E&P) Department also provide young people with opportunities to develop their whole being. At Young People’s Theatre we strive for a positive and lasting impact on the emotional, social, and intellectual development of young people – giving them the chance to grow into the unique and wonderful people they were born to be. The family-friendly employee culture at YPT (given that hours are primarily day time) encourages ingenuity, team-work, and an atmosphere of learning. YPT’s artistic policy focuses on arts and education – in fact, learning is at the centre of everything we do.
YPT is currently searching for the position of Community Volunteer Coordinator. Reporting to E&P’s leadership team of Associate Director, Education and Associate Artistic Director, Education, the Community Volunteer Coordinator will coordinate, enhance and sustain the volunteer program at YPT, which places students and community participants in every aspect of YPT’s operations. This is a full-time position starting immediately.
- Administer the YPT volunteer program: recruit, schedule, monitor and assess volunteers and student placements.
- Act as company liaison for anyone wishing to acquire skills or training at YPT.
- Liaise with local schools, universities, community agencies, residents’ associations and other not-for-profit organizations in regard to volunteerism.
- Administer the Police Vulnerable Sector Check program internally.
- Comfort with meeting people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Some experience in volunteer administration.
- Strong customer service, administration skills.
- Computer literacy: MS Excel, Word, Outlook, database management.
- Excellent written, communication, and organizational skills.
In accordance with YPT’s policy and as a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to pass a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Screening Check.
Young People’s Theatre is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment which includes accommodation. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome, and people with disabilities and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.
Salary range: $35k to $38k
Interested candidates should email resumes and cover letters in one file to: email@example.com
In the subject line, please quote the following code: EP654
Applications for consideration must be received by 5pm on Monday, February 3rd, 2020.
YPT thanks all applicants but will respond only to those selected for an interview.