Young People’s Theatre (YPT) launches the next stage in the company’s 57-year history, co-led by Indigenous artist and new Artistic Director Herbie Barnes, and Executive Director Nancy Webster. This new era also marks the unveiling of YPT’s expanded and renovated theatre complex, more than 10 years in the making. As Canada’s largest and oldest professional theatre for young audiences, the company produces and presents a full season of theatre and arts education programming, serving approximately 150,000 patrons annually. With the purchase of a multi-use building across the street from its historic theatre, YPT has expanded its footprint, increased its accessibility, refreshed its lobbies, and upgraded the theatrical equipment capabilities of its 450-seat Ada Slaight Stage and 115-seat Studio. United in vision, the two facilities now anchor the corner of Front and Frederick streets in downtown Toronto creating Canada’s largest theatre complex for young people. With its broad-ranging educational programs and exceptional productions, the company has an annual operating budget of approximately $5 million. The family-friendly employee culture at YPT (given that hours are primarily daytime) encourages ingenuity, teamwork, and an atmosphere of learning. In fact, learning is at the centre of everything we do.
YPT is currently seeking a Marketing Manager. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the ideal candidate is an enthusiastic relationship builder, a leader in audience development, and passionate about the arts. This is a full-time position starting as soon as possible. Please note that at the present time due to ongoing health and safety measures, most staff work remotely, with in-office work as needed.
The Marketing Manager is an integral member of the Marketing team, responsible for connecting YPT with new and returning audiences. The successful candidate will manage the sales portfolio toward revenue optimization and audience growth. You are a results-driven marketer, creating and executing innovative sales and marketing campaigns that drive audience renewal and engagement, that cultivate partnerships, and that provide exceptional service to all YPT patrons. Of note, YPT is unique in that we serve an audience that equally encompasses both public patrons and schools.
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Communications with the development and execution of annual renewal and acquisition campaigns for public and school sales, drama school enrollment and education programs;
- Plan, execute and provide analysis of sales and promotion strategies including pricing and budget models, and key performance metrics;
- Lead the group sales and partnerships portfolio including developing and delivering outreach and sales plans;
- Supervise the Ticketing Systems Administrator toward ensuring an optimal ticketing experience and data management;
- Work closely with the Patron Services Manager to ensure an exceptional patron experience;
- Provide cross-departmental support, specifically with the Drama School, Education, and Development teams, in the planning and execution of marketing campaigns;
- Provide reporting and analysis of sales and patron data, and industry trends and best practices;
- Actively participate and work strategically as a member of the Marketing team.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Minimum three (3) years experience in sales and marketing, preferably in an arts and/or entertainment setting;
- Experience in marketing campaign strategy development, execution and analysis;
- Ability to supervise and inspire direct reports and sales staff;
- Excellent ability to foster relationships and build consensus;
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills;
- Ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced, team environment with multiple stakeholders;
- Proficiency in a variety of software programs, with experience in ticketing software an asset;
- Available for occasional weekend and evening work for special events.
In accordance with YPT’s policy and as a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to pass a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Screening Check. Young People’s Theatre is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that strongly supports and values diversity, and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment, which includes accommodation. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome, and people with disabilities and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email resumes with cover letters (one file) to:
Applications for consideration must be received by August 19, 2022
Please quote “Marketing Manager” in the subject line of your email.
YPT thanks all who apply, but will respond only to those selected for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.