Young People’s Theatre (YPT) is Canada’s largest theatre for young audiences. It currently produces and presents an 8-play season with an audience of approximately 80,000+. Housed in a renovated historical venue in downtown Toronto, YPT works on a 458-seat Mainstage and a 115-seat Studio, as well as operating a year-round Drama School. Its operating budget is approximately $5 million. The family-friendly employee culture at YPT (given that hours are primarily daytime) encourages ingenuity, team-work and an atmosphere of learning. YPT’s artistic policy focuses on arts and education – in fact, learning is at the centre of everything we do.
YPT is currently searching for a candidate to fill the role of Education Manager in the Education & Participation Department. Reporting directly to the Education & Participation Administrative Director and the Associate Artistic Director, Education, the Education Manager’s key responsibilities will include:
- Development, execution and assessment of programming for schools, students and teachers.
- Recruitment of new YPT Member Schools and cultivation/maintenance of existing partnerships.
- Coordination and hosting of education events including Teacher & Community Previews, professional development, workshops for students and other events/programs for students and/or teachers including specialized programming and Artist Educators Training.
- Contributing to the creation and coordination of all post-performance Q&A sessions.
- Working closely with YPT Resident Artist Educators to plan in-school programming, book workshops and collect feedback.
- Contributing to the development of educational content for the YPT website, blog, marketing materials and in-school programming such as study guides.
- Coordinating the booking and invoicing of school workshops and other education programs.
- Ongoing program evaluation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of three years experience in arts education within a professional theatre setting. A Bachelor of Education or equivalent would be an asset.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Toronto and Toronto Catholic District School Boards.
- Knowledge of and experience with Toronto’s private schools.
- Proven ability to research, write and participate in public speaking.
- Organizational abilities; ability to prioritize.
- Capacity to collaborate and communicate effectively within the Education & Participation department and across YPT departments.
- Computer literacy and administrative proficiency are essential.
In accordance with YPT’s policy, as a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to pass a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Screening Check. Young People’s Theatre is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer that strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment which includes accommodation. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome, and people with disabilities and individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email resumes and cover letters in one file to:
Subject line: Education Manager
Applications for consideration must be received by 5:00 pm, Friday, August 3, 2018
YPT thanks all who apply but will respond only to those selected for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.