Website Winnipeg Jewish Theatre
The Jewish experience. The Human experience. On stage.
Summit Search Group has partnered with the Winnipeg Jewish Theatre (WJT) as they look to recruit an Artistic Director. The Artistic Director will provide leadership for both the artistic programs and business of the theatre. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the successful candidate will be responsible for creating and executing the artistic vision of the WJT in accordance with the strategic direction set by the Board of Directors. The Artistic Director is responsible for the overall artistic vision of the theatre, including programming, hiring directors, casting, and technical operations.
The Artistic Director is an experienced theatre professional with a deep understanding of the not-for-profit professional theatre sector and senior leadership experience in non-commercial theatre. The candidate should demonstrate progressive leadership experience, and producing experience within a small to mid-size regional theatre environment.
· Partner with the General Manager and the Board of Directors in developing a compelling artistic vision and strategic plan to guide the WJT in its position as Canada’s sole exclusive producer of new work by or about Jewish artists
· Create and execute the artistic programs to reflect the WJT’s commitment to excellence for both audiences and artists
· Act as a professional advisor to the Board of Directors on all aspects of the WJT’s artistic activities to achieve balance between artistic direction and financial stability
· Develop and maintain positive relationships within the local, regional, and national professional theatre industry, Winnipeg community groups, educational institutions, and other organizations and individuals to build partnerships that achieve the goals of the WJT
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
· Relevant background in a senior creative leadership role with a professional theatre company, festival or as a freelance director with experience programming and producing diverse theatre across multiple stages
· Proven track record in successfully leading operations of an organization with artistic success and financial sustainability
· Reputation for creating and articulating an artistic vision for a professional theatre organization with deep roots in a community
· Industry recognition for developing, producing or directing challenging, thought-provoking, and entertaining plays for large and small stages
To receive a full job description, or to submit your resume, please reach out to Matt Erhard at Summit Search Group, email@example.com
Summit Search Group has a strong commitment to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion. We strive for continuous development, modelling, inclusive behaviours and proactively managing bias throughout our process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.