Website Touchstone Theatre
Touchstone Theatre is an acclaimed, mid-sized theatre company based in Vancouver BC, with a mandate to develop, produce, and present Canadian work.
Touchstone is looking to hire a part-time General Manager, on an interim seasonal contract. This position will report to the Board of Directors and work closely with the Artistic Director and support staff. The General Manager plays a key role in the administrative and managerial direction of the company. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the organization’s financial control systems, including the annual budget and cash flow
- Manage office systems, procedures, and technology
- Jointly with the Artistic Director, identify and apply for Municipal, Provincial, Federal and other applicable grants
- Prepare report-backs to funders as required
- Manage fundraising, sponsorships, and events; includes executing strategies for cultivation and stewardship of individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Hire and contract part-time and seasonal employees in consultation with the Artistic Director
- Supervise support staff and administrative contractors
- Jointly with the Artistic Director, manage compliance with applicable collective agreements
- Represent Touchstone in the collaborative management of the administrative and shared spaces of 110 Arts Cooperative The Post at 750
- Provide reports to the Board on operational matters as required
- Such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Board from time to time
The ideal candidate will be independent, resourceful, and passionate about theatre, with the following skills/experience:
- University degree in arts administration or comparable experience
- Strong management experience in office systems, budgeting, finance and marketing
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Experience with grant-writing
- Comfortable dealing with the public
- Familiarity with the Vancouver and Canadian performing arts community and the Canadian Theatre Agreement
- Ability to multi-task and work independently, without direct supervision
- Flexible and adaptable, with enthusiasm for a collaborative work environment and partnership-building
Hours: 20 hours per week (Average). Hours are flexible based on work assignments. Some evening work can be expected.
Salary Range: $28/hour
Deadline for applications: September 21 , 2020
Start Date: October 1, 2020
End Date: August 1, 2021
Please submit a letter of application and a resume (In one file), to: email@example.com
Touchstone Theatre strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from women, persons of colour, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of other marginalized or under-represented groups.
Touchstone Theatre thanks all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.