Moving Hearts and Minds.
Reporting through the President to the Board of Directors, the General Manager is charged with oversight and management of all facets of TheatreOne’s operations. The role includes responsibility for advancing the strategic priorities of the company, with a focus on building our financial base and thus our ability to develop and produce new plays. The incumbent is also responsible for the effective operation of the office, financial management and administration, community relations, marketing and delivery of programs and implementing revenue generation strategies – all supported by volunteers, an active Board, a part-time employee, a part-time Artistic Director and contracted help as needed.
The position will average 30 hours/week, with three weeks holidays and flexibility in work arrangements. Salary range is $35,000 – $40,000 per annum, commensurate with experience. Start date to be determined.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
· Organizational and administrative skills
· Experience in financial management and administration
· Experience with Board governance and in working with an engaged Board
· Writing and communications skills, inter-personally and in public forums
· Networking skills, ideally with experience in fundraising and donor programs
· Management experience, preferably but not necessarily with a performing arts company – experience in the administration of a theatre company is an asset
· Familiarity with major technology and computer applications; social media platforms; etc.
· Preference for collaboration and teamwork
· Ability to build and maintain constructive relationships with others
· Ability to manage complexity
· Energy, commitment and a focus on results
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit the following to email@example.com
· A cover letter explaining why this position intrigues you and why you are our ideal candidate
· Your CV/Resume
· Links to any relevant work you have done
Full position description available on request.
Contact Name: Judith Gibson
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org