We create: Productions/Drama School/Festival/Pop-Up Theatre
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Now entering its 25th year, Theatre SKAM has built a solid reputation as creators of innovative site-specific work and intimate elegant theatre. We play a pivotal role in the cultural life of our region and are recognized by peers across the country for our contribution to national networks and new work development.
Our main areas of creation are:
- 2 full professional productions per year hiring professional and emerging artists.
- A Pop-Up Theatre on the back of a pick-up truck, with seats for 10 that tours regionally.
- A successful theatre school with 300+ casual registrations annually.
- SKAMpede, an annual outdoor theatre festival, where the audience travels from show to show.
The successful applicant will report primarily to the Artistic Managing Producer, and work in collaboration with the General Manager and School Administrator.
Anticipated Start Date: February 24th (or as negotiated)
Theatre SKAM believes in diverse representation on and off stage, and in our programming. We believe that a person’s identity, ability, cultural, and ethnic background informs, and does not limit, what they bring to a role and/or position. We are committed to an inclusive and respectful work environment and encourage qualified candidates of any identity to apply.
The Communications Coordinator promotes all things SKAM by connecting audiences through our website and social media management, semi-regular newsletters to our fan base, advertising, and represents the public face of the company through online interactions.
The Primary Goals of the Communications Coordinator are to:
- Increase local attendance
- Increase local profile
- Update tour promotional material
- Increase regularity of outreach for SKAM’s four programs (shows, festival, school and pop-up theatre) through social media; ads in print and radio; and activities (including booths and public presence)
- Working with the Artistic Managing Producer and General Manager to develop and execute a marketing campaign with overarching themes and images pertaining to each project or show
- Create and maintain an ongoing work plan/timeline covering promotions for all branches of Theatre SKAM
- Set up ticket systems for each show and smaller events throughout the year
- Oversee Box Office and Front of House Management for SKAM events, and provide reconciliation reports
- Create new and engaging ads for Theatre SKAM and our various branches of programming, which include: Shows, Pop-Up Theatre, School and annual Festival (often in conjunction with a graphic designer)
- Manage Ad Sales and Partnerships for School
- Promote the sale of and liaise with vendors who have purchased ads.
- Manage Marketing Budgets
- Manage the Website/Social Media Platforms and ensure they stay up-to-date
- Have strong knowledge of the company and its aesthetic, along with the ability to communicate with the Artistic Producer, General Manager, School Administrator and Student Marketer for all programs
Experience in website management, Google Drive, Microsoft Word and Excel are required. Newsletter Programs (Mailchimp) and Graphic Design experience (Photoshop, Canva, etc.) an asset.
A successful candidate will have strong writing and communication skills, be able to work independently and with a team, the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, and be a self-starter.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume and a cover letter (no more than one page in length) that speaks to the applicant’s knowledge of and interest in working with Theatre SKAM and should clearly demonstrate the applicant’s relevant experience in relation to the requirements of this position.
Applications should be sent in confidence via email to the General Manager: Anne Taylor email@example.com
$18-20/hour for a minimum of 24-30 hours of work per week, plus a comprehensive health benefits package.
*Hourly wage negotiated based on experience.
Applications accepted on a first-come-first-served basis until a suitable candidate is found.
Although we are grateful to all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.