Website Theatre Orangeville
Theatre Orangeville is currently seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of General Manager of our thriving professional theatre company.
Responsibilities include oversight of financials and daily operations, as well as supervision of administration, marketing, fundraising and production departments.
The General Manager works closely with the Artistic Director to develop community partnerships and industry relationships.
lf you are looking for a challenging opportunity in the performing arts please e-mail resume & cover letter to David Nairn at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 2, 2019.
Planning and Administration
1. ln support of the Artistic Director and with approval of the Board of Directors, develops both long- and short-term strategic planning to advance the Theatre’s mission.
2. Develops and monitors the company’s budget to ensure financial resources are properly managed.
3. Ensures that all federal, provincial and municipal operating grants, interim reports and final reports are submitted on time.
4. Hires and supervises administrative staff — currently 22 full and part-time staff.
5. Prepares job descriptions, employment contracts and conducts all new employee interviews.
6. Supervises the day-to-day activities and provides managerial support to the office and staff team.
7. Manages current policies and procedures, and develops new policies and procedures.
1. ln collaboration with the Artistic Director prepares annual budgets as part of the business plan for the Board.
2. Monitors internal accounting controls to ensure appropriate business processes are in place, which includes the timely payment of accounts.
3. Reports to all regulatory and funding bodies as required, including Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and all civic, provincial and federal funding bodies.
4. Prepares government grant applications including budget (CADAC), in collaboration with the Artistic Director.
5. Prepares monthly financial updates and explanations to the Board Finance Committee.
6. Oversees preparation of the annual audit.
1. Negotiates Opera House management contracts with the Town of Orangeville.
2. Negotiates Tourism delivery contracts with the Town of Orangeville.
3. Applies for annual tax rebate with The Township of East Garafraxa.
4. Authorizes capital expenditures for the Theatre and the production centre.
1. Supervises annual fundraising and sponsorship campaigns.
2. Provides leadership to the Development Manager regarding strategic fundraising plans, fundraising campaign development, special events and targeted
3. Oversees the Development Manager’s activities including the Board of Directors development, committee work, sponsor liaison activities, annual
reporting to stakeholders and campaign-related sponsor correspondence.
The ideal Candidate possesses:
Proven experience in financial management
Knowledge of the arts community of Orangeville and the surrounding area
High degree of motivation and professionalism
Proven ability to communicate effectively and work productively with artists, staff, and volunteers
Proven ability to build and maintain positive relationships with a wide variety of organizational stakeholders
Proven ability to make administrative and procedural decisions
Strong computer skills and proficiency with technology including Microsoft Office suite and QuickBooks
Experience in and understanding of performing arts organizations
This position is a full-time position, located in Orangeville, Ontario
4 weeks of vacation
Salary to be negotiated
Employment Start Date: on or about March 30, 2020
Please send your resume to: David Nairn, Artistic Director email@example.com (no later than December 2, 2019)
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.