Website Theatre Orangeville
Scenic Carpenter function: The carpenter will work primarily in the scene shop, collaborating with a variety of other professionals to interpret design drawings and construct the various scenic elements needed for each of 6 productions.
Duties and Responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Read construction drawings and create cut lists.
- Build scenic elements following industry practices for standard construction techniques.
- Expedite projects within scheduled deadlines.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace as the shop space is shared amongst a variety of projects.
- Follow current health and safety standards and operate in accordance with company policies, health and safety guidelines and regulations.
- Solid understanding of scenic construction techniques.
- Experience working with a variety of scenic materials.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to thrive both as part of a team and with independent work.
Theatre Orangeville is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Please respond by e-mail with a cover letter and resume to:
Beckie Morris, Production Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org