Website Theatre Orangeville
Scenic Carpenter function: The carpenter will work primarily in the scene shop, collaborating with a variety of other professionals to interpret design drawings and construct the various scenic elements needed for each of 6 productions.
Scenic Painter function : The painter will work primarily in the paint shop, responsible for realizing through paint techniques the scenic treatments as outlined by the set designer. This includes but is not limited to preparing samples, texturing, stenciling, base coating and wood-graining. Additional assistance in the paint shop may be available on a project by project basis.
Duties and Responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Read construction drawings and create cut lists.
- Build scenic elements following industry practices for standard construction techniques.
- Expedite projects within scheduled deadlines.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace as the shop space is shared amongst a variety of projects.
- Follow current health and safety standards and operate in accordance with company policies, health and safety guidelines and regulations.
- Mix and work with paint to match designer renderings.
- Solid understanding of scenic construction techniques.
- Experience working with a variety of scenic materials.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to thrive both as part of a team and with independent work.
Theatre Orangeville is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Please respond by e-mail with a cover letter and resume to:
Beckie Morris, Production Manager: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.