Website Spatz Theatre - Citadel Theatre Society
The Spatz Theatre is a multi-functional, 780-seat performance space designed to provide exceptional theatrical and musical experiences for Citadel High Students and the greater Halifax community. The theatre is overseen by the Citadel Theatre Society and is governed as a not-for-profit society.
Pay: Commensurate with experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
The General Manager is responsible for ensuring the ongoing success of Spatz theatre through:
- managing theatre facilities, finances, and operations
- supervising client relationship management and events
- managing the Spatz theatre brand.
This includes ensuring organization between Halifax Regional Center for Education (HRCE), Citadel High School and the Citadel Theatre Society events, as well as effective team leadership and performance management.
Working proactively, the General Manager is expected to identify and effectively plan and execute both short- and long-term goals for the theatre.
The General Manager must have an undergraduate degree, a minimum of 3 years of experience in event management, and excellent communication skills. Experience using MS Office, Wave, When I Work, and Shift Status is preferred.
The General Manager will be expected to work independently to:
- Supervise day-to-day events coordination including client management and appropriate resource allocation
- Manage facilities and operations proactively ensuring adherence to health and safety regulations including preventative maintenance, procurement and overseeing fit-ups and upgrades as required
- Manage and promote the Spatz Theatre brand through various communication, marketing, and social media initiatives
- Manage theatre finances accurately with a focus on responsible spending and cost-effectiveness
- Coordinate large scale event bookings as required
- Provide direct support to the Front of House Manager
- Manage staffing including hiring decisions, performance management and termination decisions in compliance with employment legislation
- Communicate with Board of Directors as required
Spatz Theatre is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Spatz Theatre employs, trains, and compensates regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, genetics, disability, or age. If you have a disability or particular need that requires support in applying, please reach out to us for help.
Achieving a representative workforce will be applied in this selection process. Applicants who have indicated on their application that they are a member of a designated employment equity group will be considered in priority. By self-declaring in your application, you help create a workplace that is diverse, inclusive and representative of identities, cultures, perspectives and experiences that make up Canada.
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Please send a cover letter and resume, include “General Manager” in the subject line, and address the cover letter to Cathy Hope, Chair, Board of Directors.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00-$21.00 per hour
- Overtime pay
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Proof of vaccination is required as a condition of hire in accordance with the Public Health Order: COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Protocol in High-Risk Settings issued on October 6, 2021.