Website Theatre Calgary
Position: Bar and Guest Services Coordinator (Full Time)
Location: Calgary, AB
Reports to: Front of House Manager
Are you an arts leader who is ready to support, develop and foster the patron experience at one of Canada’s leading arts organizations? As a part of the Front of House Department of Theatre Calgary, you will be provided the opportunity to coordinate the Theatre’s bar operations and assist in planning and executing events. This is an ideal position for an individual who is interested in working in a fast-paced, creative environment.
“Theatre Calgary’s vision is to stand amongst the best theatres globally as a leader in innovative, impactful and diverse programming. Its mission is to stimulate, provoke and delight through ambitious programming created to ignite, local, national and international engagement.”
Theatre Calgary reflects the communities, the country, and the world we live in with ambitious programming, passionate community engagement, and extraordinary productions. As a result, we are one of the most recognizable arts and cultural institutions in Canada. For more than 50 years, we have focused our energy on providing our community with quality classic and contemporary productions, featuring the best talent on our mainstage. Today, we are Calgary’s largest professional theatre company and a proud supporter of local emerging artists with bold aspirations for the future.
The exceptionally motivated, enthusiastic & determined Bar and Guest Services Coordinator plays a vital role in maintaining a successful bar services team, in addition to supporting the overall Front of House Department. This individual is also responsible for coordinating & executing onsite events, such as Group & Corporate Sponsor Receptions, and providing support to departments within the theatre. Some bartending may also be required.
The Bar and Guest Services Coordinator is a member of the Front of House Department and reports directly to the Front of House Manager. You also work cooperatively with all departments across the company to achieve organizational goals. A team of 20-25 part-time bartenders report directly to this position.
In collaboration with the Front of House Manager, work towards maintaining a first class experience for all guests, adhering to a high standard of safety, service, comfort and creating a welcoming experience for all.
- Responsible for creating and managing the bar schedule, and ensuring appropriate staffing levels for events, and through each production run
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the bars and inventory management.
- Manage the W.O. Mitchell Room (Exclusive Donor Room)
- Ensure compliance with AGLC ideals and levels of service at all times
- Front of House Duties as required
Guest Services & Event Duties
As the point of contact for all lobby events, arrange and execute onsite events and functions. Duties will include:
- In conversations with the client, determine catering, bar and set up requirements; ensure regular contact to meet client needs
- Prepare Event Order Form contracts for all events
- Correspondence with caterers, florists and other suppliers to determine onsite requirements
- Set up and tear down of event space
- Provide onsite management for all performances and events to ensure client satisfaction and execute problem solving as needed
- Arrange for timely submission of event invoices to our accounting department
Shakespeare by the Bow
Reporting to the Producer and Program Coordinator, duties may include:
- Arranging and managing the volunteer database and tracking via Signup Genius
- Selling and tracking sales of all merchandise and concession
- Balancing cash float and debit/credit transactions
- Assisting with the counting of nightly donations
- Returning donations and merchandise sales nightly to accounting department
- Front of House duties as required
Experience and skills
- This position is physically active and requires heavy lifting
- The ability to work flexible hours, including regular evenings and weekends
- Strong leadership skills with experience managing and inspiring a team, and effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven capacity for time-management and meeting deadlines
- Must have or be in the process of having AGLC ProServe Certification
Commitment to Diversity
Theatre Calgary is a member of the Professional Association of Canadian Theatres and operates within the jurisdiction of the Canadian Theatre Agreement.
Theatre Calgary is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We recognize that a diverse staff enriches the environment and culture of our entire organization and our larger community. As such, we are committed to removing barriers that have been historically encountered by some people in our society.
We strive to recruit individuals who will further enhance our organization’s diversity. We welcome applications from all qualified persons and encourage all those who may contribute to the further diversification of our ideas and perspectives to apply.
How to apply
Please submit your application by emailing your cover letter and résumé by September 16th to: email@example.com