Website Markham Wesley Centre
Theater, Audience and Business Development Manager
Vibrant auditorium with 785 seats in Markham now is looking for a high calibrate Theater, Audience and Business Development Manager to become senior member of this vibrant senior leadership team, you will have a positive impact on the organisation for the development of its business and audiences. You will provide sound leadership, strong and creative management and coordination of all marketing and audience development of all marketing and audience development strategies to achieve or exceed agreed goals.
This unique opportunity will leverage your past achievements and extensive knowledge of business and audience development while providing a working environment that is personally and professionally rewarding. The incumbent is a key representative of the organisation and a keen advocate of theatre with stakeholders, the community at large and other performing or art organisations.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Develop and implement the annual marketing plan, promotional and outreach strategies along with the associated budgets, in order to support the Theatre’s overall business strategy for increased sales and other earned
– Develop and implement sales, marketing, advertising and publicity plans and tactics in all medium (including broadcast, print, digital/interactive and social media) to achieve continued growth for single ticket sales, group ticket sales and subscription sales targets, and to maximize the theatre’s overall profile and profitability.
– Manage production and distribution of all marketing material, including brochures, flyers and associated collateral along with digital marketing, promotion and content.
– Lead strategic marketing partnership and sponsorship operation, including completing analysis and implementation to grow the partnership program.
– Develop and implement a public relations and publicity plan including proactive media coverage.
– Develop, monitor and report on the marketing budget against objectives for earned and contributed income.
– Develop, implement and manage fundraising strategies to expand, and retain individual donations through annual fundraising Gala, and special events.
– Prepare proposals and offers to develop new partnership/sponsorship opportunities with the business community.
– Contribute to defining and delivering special events such as the Annual Fundraising Gala.
– Liaise with the advancement department on the development of the annual communication/solicitation plan and review materials to ensure they are consistent with brand standards.
– Establish, implement, and evaluate short- and long-range departmental objectives, policies, and operating procedures to ensure goals are met or exceeded.
– Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement; develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach.
– Minimum five years’ relevant and progressive senior-level experience in general management in a relevant B2C business, preferably in the arts, entertainment, or tourism industries.
– Experience in building an organization’s brand identity through strategic planning and execution.
– Exceptional track record in planning marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, and e-marketing programs.
– Strong understanding of integrated marketing programs that strengthen the brand, connect with key stakeholders, and inspire ticket sales and affiliation.
– Deeply versed in and extremely comfortable with digital and experiential marketing.
– Experience in corporate sponsorship sales and cultivation.
– Established senior contacts with relevant local, national, and international communities considered an asset.
– Demonstrated knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
– Significant and exceptional project management skills and experience.
– Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of functional experts.
– Alignment with the Stratford Festival’s mission, vision, and values.
– Knowledge of audience development best practices.
– Demonstrated experience in budgeting and financial forecasting.
– Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
– University degree or equivalent education and experience in a field related to business or marketing. Master’s degree preferred.
– Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or other related programs.
– Minimum of 5 years relevant experience, preferably in the performing arts
– In-depth knowledge of the multi-disciplinary performing arts sector.
– Strong track record in executing/supervising successful marketing campaigns and public relations activities.
– Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
– Experience in a revenue generating position, preferably generating ticket sales and earned income.
– In-depth knowledge of print and electronic media, good knowledge of LED video wall and AV + Lighting
– Demonstrates diplomacy, sensitivity and flexibility when interacting with diverse stakeholders.
– Ability to function as a strong leader as well as a member of a team.
– Ability to simultaneously manage multiple time-sensitive tasks.
– Willingness and ability to work evening and weekends in accordance with Theatre events.
– Ability to work well under pressure with a positive attitude and good sense
-– Highly articulate, with exceptional team-building skills.
– A passion for theatre.
– Strong organizational management skills: detail-oriented, strategic, creative, entrepreneurial, and disciplined.
– Good professional standards, with an acute attention to detail.
– A practical, calm, and creative problem solver and strategic thinker, with the flexibility to react nimbly to the unexpected.
– Ability to work well under pressure, independently or as part of a team.
– Results-oriented personality with a collegial management approach and high level of integrity.
– Disciplined; accepts ownership with a hands-on approach.
– A competitive, experienced-based compensation package with benefits will be provided.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all those applicants who have applied; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.