Website The Grand Theatre
The Development Officer works closely with, and reports directly to, the Director of Development and is responsible for implementing the Individual Giving campaign and stewardship plan as well as research and completion of Foundation applications, to achieve the overall Grand Theatre fundraising goals. The Development Officer will be the key point person on the Development Team overseeing special events that are taking place in the theatre relative to donors and sponsors. The Development Officer is also responsible for the theatre’s Dining Program and sales and management of the paid advertisements in the house programs. The Development Officer plays a key role in the theatre’s Annual Gala celebration.
Duties and Responsibilities
· In consultation with the Director of Development, create and execute a strong annual giving development plan that includes objectives, strategies for renewals and acquisitions, time-lines, and budgets.
· Act as department lead for database management, including accurate data entry, creation of reports and lists, event and benefit ticketing, preparation of tax receipts and acknowledgement letters, and activity tracking.
· Assists in development and execution of strategies related to stewardship of annual and major donors, including the creation and execution of donor events as well as assuring accurate donor recognition in house programs and Annual Reports.
· Work closely with Finance Department to ensure accurate financial record keeping.
· Work closely with Marketing Department on communication materials for donor/patrons.
· In consultation with Director of Development, create, prepare and distribute all fundraising materials. Create and distribute E-newsletters using an online email service.
· Support the development of marketing and communications to promote the theatre to its donors and maximize awareness of the theatre’s fundraising activities
· Oversee Foundation prospect research and maintain calendar of opportunities for new grant solicitations as well as renewals
· Track benefits and stewardship plans relative to Foundation grants to ensure execution.
· Serve as point person to coordinate and oversee execution of special events related to donors and sponsors and work with theatre staff across departments to ensure successful execution of events
· Participate in Grand Gala event planning and execution as required
· Attend functions and performances as required
· Support the development and execution of the theatre’s program advertising plan, as part of the overall development objectives. This includes research, cultivation, asks and stewardship.
· Develop, cultivate and steward all aspects of the theatre’s Dining Program partnerships.
· Prepare advertising agreements and follow up with ad artwork and payment invoicing.
Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team, while setting and managing multiple priorities
Exceptional interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), presentation, and public-speaking skills
Strong analytical skills
Highly developed relationship building and networking skills
Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
Superior administrative and computer skills in Excel and Word (mail merge)
Working knowledge of Tessitura or other CRM/Fundraising program an asset
Working knowledge of fundamental accounting principles and experience in QuickBooks or other accounting software
Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends (i.e., Grand Theatre Opening Night performances and special events) as required
Minimum 3-5 years fundraising experience
Proven success in solicitation and stewardship of donors
Demonstrated strong planning, writing, and communication skills
Knowledge, understanding, and a passion for the arts sector an asset
The Grand Theatre is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Please respond by e-mail with a cover letter and resume by February 28, 2019. No phone calls please.
Director of Development
In our desire to reflect the world and our community in all areas of our work, the Grand Theatre is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, without regard to age, disability, ethnicity, race, or gender identity.