Based in Stratford, Ontario, the Stratford Festival is one of the world’s foremost repertory theatre companies. It operates year round, presenting a season of about a dozen plays each year between the months of April and November, a rich stream of digital content and hundreds of Forum events, designed to deepen understanding of the plays. For every person a theatregoer sees on our stages, we have seven people working behind the scenes, some of the world’s most dedicated and experienced arts workers. At this time we are undergoing a culture shift to support anti-racism and anti-oppression and ensure a respectful, equitable and inclusive environment in which all staff, artists and audience members can feel a true sense of belonging.
If you would like to be part of this change and contribute your own remarkable talents to North America’s largest not-for-profit theatre, we’d like to hear from you. We are currently welcoming applications for:
COVID Compliance Officer – 2 positions available
This position reports to the Director of Human Resources or designate and is part of the Human Resources team. The compliance officer’s main role is to ensure adherence to the Stratford Festivals COVID Reopening Manual and Safe Operating Procedures pertaining to COVID-19 and other health & safety measures.
• Work with two other COVID Compliance Officers to monitor the day to day activities of assigned venue(s)/facilities to ensure COVID safety rules are maintained for artists, staff, and audiences
• Administer the Festival’s rapid testing program, by maintaining a database of who requires testing; ordering and distributing testing kits; providing instruction to staff and artists; and ensuring compliance with required rapid testing frequencies
• Assist with updates to the COVID safety manual and Safe Operating Procedures, as regulations and public health standards evolve
• Work proactively with various departments to trouble shoot COVID compliance challenges and implement required safety standards
• Participate in an organization-wide COVID safety implementation team
• Ensure COVID safety compliance through routine audits of work areas to evaluate work practices, procedures, and facilities, with follow up to department heads as needed
• Liaise with Director of Human Resources any COVID-related questions or best practices
• Verify required compliance training for all staff is provided
• Coach staff and managers to assist with implementation and monitoring of the safety plan
• Manage confidential health information
• Experience enforcing health & safety rules as a supervisor, JHSC member or equivalent would be an asset
• Ability to adapt to varying work environments, possesses a strong pro-active work ethic and quickly adapts to new responsibilities
• Demonstrated ability to implement and administer programs on an organization wide level
• Excellent verbal and written English skills
• Excellent organizational skills and computer skills
• Ability to work well in stressful situations and exercise sound judgement in a fast paced environment
• Ability to advise and guide departments to implement necessary changes
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Proven ability to manage with confidence
• Proven ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality
• Experience maintaining and enforcing policy/protocol with staff, management and artists
Preference will be given to candidates with experience working within the performing arts industry.
This temporary full time contract position is located in Stratford, Ontario. The successful candidate is required to be available for the following contract timelines:
Contract 1: Early February-October 31, 2022
Contract 2: Early March-October 31, 2022
This position will require the candidate to embrace a flexible schedule which includes working evenings and weekends as required.
Job Type: Temporary full time contract
Hourly Rate: $25/hour
The Festival is working diligently toward a safe and healthy workplace for everyone. We welcome applicants of every identity, and encourage applications from Indigenous, Black, People of Colour, Deaf, disabled and 2SLGBTQ+ folks. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and beyond. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.
As a condition of hire, all successful job candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination at time of contracting. This condition is subject to the provisions of the Human Rights Code.
If you have the qualifications to fill this role and feel you could make a meaningful contribution to the Stratford Festival, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter in a single PDF by 5:00pm on December 20, 2021 to:
Subject: COVID Compliance Officer
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.