Website Stratford Festival
North America’s leading classical repertory theatre
Would you like to play a meaningful role with North America’s leading classical repertory theatre? At the Stratford Festival, we attract the world’s finest talent, offering a unique experience for staff, artists and artisans alike. If you would like to be part of this exciting organization, we are looking for someone to fill the position of:
Theatre Camp Counsellor – Residence Facilitator
This position reports to the Education Administrative Manager and is part of the Education team, Theatre Arts Camp.
– Operate as mentors and chaperones to students enrolled in the Stratford Festival’s Theatre Arts Camp
– Ensure safety of all students enrolled in the program
– Stay in residence alongside participants
– Supervise students
– Plan and run activities outside instructional time
– Previous camp or recreation experiences working with grade 7-12 students
– Emergency First Aid/CPR/AED certification
– Motivated, energetic, cooperative and enthusiastic
– Responsible and hardworking
– Excellent verbal and written communication
– Effective and supportive team player
– A desire to further develop teaching skills in drama
Preference will be given to candidates with at least two years of post-secondary education in theatre, teaching and/or arts education. Candidates must have a current Emergency First Aid/CPR/AED certificate.
Qualified applicants will be required to produce a clear current criminal reference check, for the vulnerable sector, as part of the recruitment process.
This seasonal contract position is located in Stratford, Ontario and will begin July 2020.
Job Type: Seasonal Contract
Recognizing that diversity – in our workplace, in our audiences and on our stages – fosters a rich and creative environment, we welcome applicants with disabilities and are committed to accommodating them throughout the recruitment and hiring process. We encourage all qualified applicants to submit a résumé and cover letter in a single PDF by February 3, 2020, to:
Subject: Camp Counsellor – Residence Facilitator