Website Stratford Festival
North America’s leading classical repertory theatre
Would you like to play a meaningful role with North America’s leading classical repertory theatre? At the Stratford Festival, we attract the world’s finest talent, offering a unique experience for staff, artists and artisans alike. If you would like to be part of this exciting organization, we are looking for someone to fill the position of:
This position reports to the Head of Properties and is part of the Production department. As an apprentice, you will work with some of this industry’s top craftspeople and artisans, learning the techniques and skills required to work in a large-scale repertory theatre.
– Assist with prop production using various basic techniques such as welding, sculpting, carving and mold making
– Interact with production staff, designers and craftspeople
– Assist with organizing and keeping the shop clean
– Manual material handling
– Ability to operate machinery within the Prop Shop
– Theatre production experience
– Proven organizational skills
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Ability to follow instructions with great attention to detail
– Possess effective time management skills
– Ability to troubleshoot
– Works well under pressure
– Ability to work in a team environment
Preference will be given to candidates with a post-secondary education in Fine Arts, Theatre Arts or a related field. At time of interviewing, candidates are required to present a portfolio demonstrating skills and a list of two professional references.
This is a one season contract position located in Stratford, Ontario and will begin Late-January 2020 for approximately 20 weeks, with the possibility of extension.
Job Type: Contract
Recognizing that diversity – in our workplace, in our audiences and on our stages – fosters a rich and creative environment, we welcome applicants with disabilities and are committed to accommodating them throughout the recruitment and hiring process. We encourage all qualified applicants to submit a résumé and cover letter in a single PDF by November 15, 2019, to:
Subject: Props Apprentice