Website Stratford Festival
North America’s leading classical repertory theatre
Would you like to play a meaningful role with North America’s leading classical repertory theatre? At the Stratford Festival, we attract the world’s finest talent, offering a unique experience for staff, artists and actors alike. If you would like to be a part of this exciting organization, we are looking for someone to fill the role of:
Marketing Manager, Web (Contract)
This position reports to the Director of Marketing and is part of the Marketing team. With more than one million unique visitors to its website each year and online sales representing 60% of annual revenues (ticket sales and fundraising), the Festival is seeking a Marketing Manager, Web who will oversee the web content and design with an emphasis on user experience and revenue optimization.
– Set goals for online commerce, web traffic and online engagement preparing a plan to meet those goals;
– Prepare the editorial calendar for the website in collaboration with departments across the organization;
– Guide the user interface and website design in collaboration with the IT and Application Development team;
– Produce, write, proofread and edit all website copy so that it aligns with the traffic, engagement as well as ticket sales and fundraising goals;
– Coordinate with members of the marketing team on designing online content;
– Oversee the work of the Social Media Coordinator supporting the development and execution of the social media plan;
– Monitor and report regularly on website and online metrics;
– Develop and oversee the implementation of the marketing plans for the Stratford On Film project.
– University Degree or equivalent education and experience in a field related to Marketing Communications and/or Digital Marketing;
– Exceptional copy writing and editing skills;
– Minimum five years’ experience creating website content and managing online user interface;
– Knowledge of modern web technology is an asset;
– Experience in search engine optimization and using SEO tools;
– Proven ability to collaborate with key stakeholders;
– Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
Preference will be given to candidates with marketing and communications experience in the cultural, tourism and/or entertainment industry.
This contract position is located in Stratford, Ontario and will begin immediately until November 2020.
Job Type: Full Time Contract
Recognizing that diversity – in our workplace, in our audiences and on our stages – fosters a rich and creative environment; we welcome applicants with disabilities and are committed to accommodating them throughout the recruitment and hiring process. We encourage all qualified applicants to submit a résumé and cover letter in a single PDF by May 3, 2019 to:
Subject: Marketing Manager, Web (Contract)