Website Stratford Festival
North America’s leading classical repertory theatre
Would you like to play a meaningful role with North America’s leading classical repertory theatre? At the Stratford Festival, we attract the world’s finest talent, offering a unique experience for staff, artists and actors alike. If you would like to be a part of this exciting organization, we are looking for someone to fill the role of:
This position of Costume Coordinator reports to the Head of Wardrobe and is a member of the Wardrobe Management Team within the Production Department.
– Support Heads of Wardrobe with show related needs including paperwork, attending fittings and performances when required
– Coordinate with the Production Stage Manager for daily wardrobe and wig fitting requests
– Assist with daily office administrative tasks
– Responsible for iron, boiler, machine and non-machine maintenance requests
– Setup and maintain tech support materials for wardrobe department
– Coordinate and organize pre-contract fittings with company members
– Minimum 2 years’ experience in theatrical costuming
– An understanding of costume construction, fabrics and costume history
– Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
– Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
– Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel, Word and Outlook
– Excellent team player
Preference will be given to applicants with experience working in a repertory environment and/or previous supervisory experience.
This seasonal full time position is located in Stratford, Ontario and will begin in January 2020 until August 2020.
Recognizing that diversity – in our workplace, in our audiences and on our stages – fosters a rich and creative environment; we welcome applicants with disabilities and are committed to accommodating them throughout the hiring process. We encourage all qualified applicants to submit a résumé and cover letter in a single PDF by October 4, 2019 to:
Subject: Costume Coordinator