Website Stratford Festival
North America’s leading classical repertory theatre
Would you like to play a meaningful role with North America’s leading classical repertory theatre? At the Stratford Festival, we attract the world’s finest talent, offering a unique experience for staff, artists and actors alike. If you would like to be a part of this exciting organization, we are looking for someone to fill the role of:
Reporting to the Director of Audience Development, your primary responsibility will be to manage the Stratford Festival’s retail operations, including all aspects of buying and merchandising. You will manage a seasonal sales-associate team to ensure that the Theatre Store operations are profitable, effectively operated, and support the overall brand and mandate of the Stratford Festival.
– Oversee the design of all customized product, the purchasing of all retail offerings, and determine the store layout and in-store displays.
– Negotiate and manage royalty agreements for production-specific merchandise.
– Prepare and manage the annual budget for the Theatre Store, ensuring that both revenue targets and expense parameters are achieved, and adjusting forecasts as appropriate.
– Establish internal policies and procedures, working closely with the Finance department to implement purchasing and inventory controls.
– Analyze sales trends and respond by managing pricing, promotions, and all aspects of visual merchandising.
– Hire, train and manage all staff and supervisors, motivating them to reach sales targets through staff meetings, promotions, and incentive programs.
– Ensure that extraordinary customer service is delivered to Stratford Festival patrons through all retail channels.
– Other duties as required.
– Minimum 5 years of related experience as a successful retail manager with proven leadership skills.
– Post –Secondary education in retail management or business.
– Strong retail sales skills with a track-record of using creative ideas to reach sales targets.
– Effective people skills with the ability to lead and motivate staff to meet and exceed sales targets.
– Strong analytical skills with an aptitude for interpreting sales data.
– Ability to work in high pressured situations and apply solid problem solving skills.
– Self-motivated with excellent time management skills.
– Online sales experience is an asset.
This full time position is located in Stratford, Ontario and will begin immediately. This position will require evening and weekend work, particularly through the performance Season.
Job Type: Full Time
Recognizing that diversity – in our workplace, in our audiences and on our stages – fosters a rich and creative environment; we welcome applicants with disabilities and are committed to accommodating them throughout the recruitment and hiring process. We encourage all qualified applicants to submit a résumé and cover letter in a single PDF by May 7, 2019 to:
Subject: Retail Manager