Website Stratford Festival
North America’s leading classical repertory theatre
Would you like to play a meaningful role with North America’s leading classical repertory theatre? At the Stratford Festival, we attract the world’s finest talent, offering a unique experience for staff, artists and actors alike. If you would like to be a part of this exciting organization, we are looking for someone to fill the role of:
Interim Director of Education
This position reports to the Administrative Director and is part of the Education team.
– Lead a small, professional team in the Education department to build partnerships and develop and deliver a wide range of innovative resources and programs for students, teachers, and young people
– Oversee all programs for visiting students (elementary, secondary and post-secondary) which include day and overnight camps for children and young people
– Cultivate partnerships and relationships among teachers, schools, school boards, post-secondary institutions, scholars, arts and community organizations
– Energize and engage students and teachers in programming which includes digital platforms for curriculum delivery
– Work closely with the Artistic Director to provide guidance on youth culture and school curriculum to help inform playbill selection and development
– Collaborate with internal departments such as Marketing for school sales and Advancement for fundraising initiatives
– Work closely with the Directors’ Office to coordinate enhancement activities for families and young patrons as part of the Festival’s Forum
– Teacher training and experience in the elementary or secondary school system, or equivalent experience as a teaching artist
– Post-secondary education with a focus in theatre, English or related discipline
– Proven strategic leadership abilities
– Knowledge of trends in digital learning
– Experience in drama and Shakespeare
– Ability to work comfortably and collaboratively with internal and external partners
Preference will be given to candidates with experience working in an educational capacity for a cultural organization. Experience in creating and delivering digital educational curriculum would be considered an asset.
This temporary full time position is located in Stratford, Ontario from April 2019-August 2020.
Job Type: Temporary Full-Time, but we are open to alternative arrangements, such as part-time or contract.
Recognizing that diversity – in our workplace, in our audiences and on our stages – fosters a rich and creative environment; we welcome applicants with disabilities and are committed to accommodating them throughout the recruitment and hiring process. We encourage all qualified applicants to submit a résumé and cover letter in a single PDF by March 1, 2019 to:
Subject: Interim Director of Education