Website Stephenville Theatre Festival
Newfoundland and Labrador's longest running theatre festival.
The Stephenville Theatre Festival is a professional, provincially-recognized nonprofit theatre that has been in existence for 40 years and produces repertory theatre during the summer and operates out of a 410 seat capacity theatre. The annual budget varies and is dependent on fund raising activities and the organization’s ability to garner grant monies from government and other sponsoring organizations.
The Stephenville Theatre Festival Board of Directors is seeking a dynamic, experienced and organized General Manager to guide the administration of the corporation. This position is responsible for the overall management of the administrative operations, including finance, promotion and marketing. The General Manager reports to the Board of Directors and works in collaboration with the Artistic Director. This is a seasonal full-time position but does include some work in the off season period. The anticipated start date for this position is April 9, 2018.
- Post secondary education in a related field – Arts Administration, Business, Communication, Marketing or similar field of study. Significant experience may be considered equivalent.
- Minimum 2-4 years in a management role, specifically in an arts organization and/or not-for-profit.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management.
- Demonstrated experience in administrative leadership.
- Fluent in using social media and related marketing sites as well as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and the ability to perform edits to the organization’s website.
- Proficient in MS Office products with emphasis on word and excel.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle.
This is a full-time seasonal position with some flexibility in the schedule, however, the General Manager will be required to maintain a consistent schedule during peak season from April to August. This position requires flexible hours of work with some evening and weekend work.
Salary: $18,000 to $22,000 / annum.
A detailed work description is available at http://www.stephenvilletheatrefestival.com/gm-position/
An equal opportunity employer, Stephenville Theatre Festival is committed to employment equity for women, Aboriginal peoples, members of visible minority groups, and persons with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume in one single PDF document titled “GM Application 2018” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 12:00 midnight, February 21, 2018. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.