Soulpepper Theatre Company’s (Soulpepper) vision is to share vital stories that connect us all. Soulpepper delivers on that mission by producing a year-round season of over 500 events, including plays, concerts, musicals, festivals and presentations. Soulpepper plays a civic role in our community through free youth and education programs, in schools and in the community, Community Conversation series, artist training, environmental sustainability initiatives, and newcomer welcome programs.
Soulpepper strives to ensure theatre is accessible to all by offering ASL interpretation, Relaxed Performances, free tickets to arts workers and those under 25 years old, and ensuring a public $25 ticket price for all our programs. During COVID, Soulpepper has adapted to digital platforms offering free shareable content, including audio plays, play readings, workshops, interviews, and concerts. Looking forward to 2022, we are planning a return to in-person programming with shows and educational programs resuming at our home, The Young Centre for the Performing Arts.
Soulpepper is committed to pursuing Radical Inclusion, that is, building a program and organization where everyone’s experience is both valued and reflected. Applicants of all experience levels are welcome to apply. We encourage applications from Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour, Queer, Trans, and Disabled persons.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing and executing all aspects of the company’s day-to-day marketing plans and initiatives.
The successful candidate will play a critical role within the organization and be responsible for raising the profile of Soulpepper, our productions and achieving our revenue targets.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communications on creation and execution of Soulpepper’s marketing plans including advertising, brochures, promotions and media partnerships for season launch and individual productions
- In collaboration with Director of Marketing and Communications build the annual marketing budget and be responsible to track and process invoices and reporting regularly to senior management
- Make recommendations and execute media planning and buying
- Lead the management and execution of cross platform social media strategy and planning
- Work with Communications Officer to manage and maintain all forms of Soulpepper digital communications including web site, email and social activities
- Collaborate with designers and marketing content creators to create impactful marketing pieces (posters, ads, social, video content, sales emails, etc.)
- Ideate, design, prepare and execute weekly email marketing campaigns, including strategic segmentation of database
- Leverage database findings to create opportunities for audience growth and ticket sales
- Bring new ideas to create awareness for the Soulpepper brand and show presentations, drive box office sales and engage audiences
- Amplify Soulpepper’s commitment to Radical Inclusion, by focusing on audience development and community outreach to development new audiences and first time attenders
- Environmental stewardship and assessment of environmental impact of marketing execution
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary degree in marketing or related field or equivalent professional experience
- 3-5 years of related experience, preferably in a performing arts organization
- Experience with advertising planning and buying including digital, social, print, etc.
- Experience building and managing marketing budgets
- Social media planning and calendar creation skills
- Knowledge of Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) as asset
- Familiarity with CRM platforms and database managements; Tessitura an asset
- Basic knowledge of creative programs (InDesign, Photoshop, etc)
- Experience with e-mail marketing tools (WordFly, Mailchimp) an asset
- Experience with video editing and creation an asset
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Excellent time management, organizational and administrative skills
- A passion for theatre and live performance
- Performs most duties in a regular office environment however due to current COVID related restrictions, staff are primarily working from home at this time, with an eye to gradually return to working in the office.
- Must be available to work regular office hours however, due to the nature of the performing arts environment, some work will occur outside of regular office hours including some evenings and weekends.
- Salary $50,000 – $60,000
- 15 annual vacation days plus 5 paid sick days and 5 personal days Health and dental benefits
HOW TO APPLY
Soulpepper is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community and our country. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and encourage submissions from individuals, with proper credentials, of all genders, cultures, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and abilities. Soulpepper is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. Soulpepper invites candidates who may require assistance during the application/ hiring process, to email us at MarketingMgr@soulpepper.ca and we will work with them to meet their needs. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, will only contact those selected for interviews.
Please email a resume and cover letter detailing how you can contribute to this dynamic not-for-profit arts organization no later than October 25, 2021. Please quote MM2021 on the email subject line when applying. Email: MarketingMgr@soulpepper.ca
To apply for this job email your details to MarketingMgr@soulpepper.ca.