Website Soulpepper Theatre Company
Summer Student Production Assistant:
Soulpepper Theatre Company is an artist-centred company that celebrates the stories that move us and, the artists who tell them. We share our work through a variety of platforms, engaging audiences, inspiring youth in our city, and training the next generation of theatre artists through the Soulpepper Academy. Soulpepper is proud to be North America’s only year-round repertory company.
Soulpepper is seeking an experienced Technical Director who will embrace and contribute to new and challenging ways of getting from productions from the page to the stage.
Soulpepper’s Production Assistant works as a part of the production process in collaboration with the Director of Production and the Technical Director, with the responsibility for the supporting the technical needs and implementation of Soulpepper’s production values.
- Working efficiently in a manner that supports the theatrical process with the Production Staff of Soulpepper Theatre;
- Sources and purchases supplies for productions and administration events as requested;
- Assist in maintaining and organizing inventory of Soulpepper storage facilities;
- Assists with the set-up of rehearsal halls as requested;
- Assist with the re-organization and archive research of a Production department database;
- Maintain accurate accounting records for purchases, including reconciliation of petty cash floats;
- Attends and takes minutes for meetings as needed;
- Assist Production Manager with Young Centre activities as needed;
- Performing other related duties as required;
- Contributes to the overall success of Soulpepper by accomplishing related results as needed.
THIS PAID POSITION IS PENDING APPROVAL OF SUPPORT THROUGH THE CANADA SUMMER JOBS PROGRAM AND WILL BE CONFIRMED SHORTLY.
- Basic knowledge of :
- contemporary technical theatre techniques and materials;
- typical production schedules and timelines for mounting productions of all types;
- safe and efficient theatrical labour standards,
- Microsoft Office applications. Some CAD ability is suggested;
- theatrical lighting, sound, & video, and production management.
- A passion for performing arts.
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent planning, organizational and time-management skills
- Self-starter, detail oriented, adaptable to a flexible work schedule
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines
- Valid Ontario driving license and clean 3 Years Driver Record Search required.
The Production Department Summer Student role represents an opportunity to work with a creative and dynamic performing arts organization. 8 weeks paid contract dates: July 6, 2019 through August 29, 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
Soulpepper is an equal opportunity employer and invites all applicants with proper credentials to apply for the position. Soulpepper is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation please let us know and Soulpepper will work with you to meet your needs. Soulpepper thanks all candidates for their interest however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please send cover letter and résumé detailing how you can contribute to this dynamic not-for-profit arts organization by no later than May 31, 2020
Please quote PSS 20 on the subject line when applying by email.
To: Search Committee – Production Department Summer Student
c/o LJ Savage, Director of Production
Soulpepper Theatre Company
50 Tank House Lane. Toronto, Ontario. M5A 3C4