Website Soulpepper Theatre Company
Education Summer Student:
Soulpepper City Youth Academy Program Assistant
The Soulpepper City Youth Academy Program Assistant represents an opportunity to join a creative and dynamic arts organization.
Education Summer Student: City Youth Academy Program Assistant. This is a paid position.
Monday, July 13 – Friday, August 21, 2020 (full-time)
9:30am-5:30pm, Mondays-Fridays, Plus evenings as required (There is no program on Civic Holiday August 3rd)
Planning meetings, participant selection auditions, and post-program debrief meetings as needed.
Must be available for all program dates.
Reporting to the Education Manager, the Program Assistant will play a key role in facilitating Soulpepper’s 2020 Soulpepper City Youth Academy Program.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Collaborating with the Program Lead Artist Instructor and other Guest Artists to develop program content
· Ensuring the safety of the program participants
· Completing program set-up and clean-up
· Leading age appropriate theatre-based activities
· Reporting program issues and needs to the Education Department
· Completing administrative tasks associated with the program
· Providing post-program feedback
· Other duties as may be required
To be eligible to participate, the individual must:
Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act 6; and,
Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Participation in a Soulpepper Youth Program in a previous year is an asset
The successful candidate will have:
– Demonstrated leadership skills
– A strong interest in theatre, performance, and teaching
– Professionalism, maturity and sensitivity to confidential information
– Ability to work with various communities and with diverse groups of people
– Computer literacy including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook is an asset
– A background in theatre production is an asset
Soulpepper is Toronto’s largest artist-centred theatre company, celebrating the stories that move us and the artists who tell them. Soulpepper presents vital Canadian interpretations of the classics, and commissions, translates, and develops new work, creating a home for a diverse array of artistic expression across disciplines. We share our work through a variety of platforms, engaging audiences, inspiring youth in our city, and training emerging theatre artists through the Soulpepper Academy. Since our inception in 1998, Soulpepper has built:
· A 12 month season of more than 600 performances
· A passionate audience of over 100,000 each year
· An artistic ensemble of 250 established and emerging theatre artists
· A paid residency program for Canadian theatre artists
· A robust portfolio of youth programs, reaching over 4,500 youth annually
· A 46,000 square foot state-of-the-art performing arts facility – the Young Centre for the Performing Arts – which anchors Toronto’s Distillery Historic District
Soulpepper is proud to be North America’s largest repertory company, a leading provider of work for artists in the City of Toronto and a partner in neighbourhood education initiatives.
How to Apply:
Soulpepper is an equal opportunity employer and invites all applicants with proper credentials to apply for the position. Soulpepper is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation please let us know and Soulpepper will work with you to meet your needs. Soulpepper thanks all candidates for their interest however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please send résumé and cover letter detailing how you can contribute to the program no later than
Monday, March 16, 2020
Please quote CYA20 on the subject line when applying by email.
Fiona Suliman, Education Manager
Soulpepper Theatre Company
50 Tank House Lane
Toronto ON M5A 3C4