Website Shaw Festival Theatre, Canada
As one of the world’s leading theatre companies and Niagara’s 20 largest employers, The Shaw is dedicated to an ongoing process of increasing diversity and inclusion in our audiences, our programs, and in all our hiring for staff, artists, and in the recruiting of board members. The Shaw is committed to a future when our theatres joyously draw on and include all peoples, fully reflective of the world around us. As such, the Shaw Festival is an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We encourage and invite applications from applicants who identify as Indigenous, Black or as persons of colour (IBPOC), the LGBTQ2+ communities and those identifying as gender fluid. In accordance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and in keeping with our wish to ensure a fully inclusive environment, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process. We will be happy to assist.
We acknowledge and honour the land upon which we gather as the historic and traditional territory of First Nations peoples. In particular we recognize and thank the Neutral Nation, the Mississauga and the Haudenosaunee for their stewardship of these lands over millennia.
ASSISTANT STAGE MANAGERS
The Shaw Festival is Seeking two Assistant Stage Managers for the 2022 Season. These positions will run in rep (two productions each) from February 14, 2022 to October 9, 2022, and February 28, to October 9, 2022 inclusive. The Assistant Stage Managers will each have stage management understudy tracks.
The Assistant Stage Manager is part of the Creative Management Department and reports directly to the Production Stage Manager and Producer.
To be considered for these positions, please submit your cover letter and CV to Director Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Application for Assistant Stage Manager’.
DEADLINE: Friday, December 10 at 6pm
Assistant Stage Manager responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Creating a welcoming, supportive work environment
● Organizing and managing the safe, and smooth running of both rehearsals and performances
● Liaising and communicating the production’s needs across all departments.
● Creating and maintaining any and all paperwork required to ensure the safe running of a show
Qualifications and Skills
● A member of Canadian Actors’ Equity Association
● 5 years of experience working professionally in Stage Management
● Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
● The successful candidate will have a thoughtful and precise approach to their stage management practice while being able to adapt to and work as part of a team.
● Responds well to high pressure situations
● Comfortable working outdoors
● Experience working in a unionized theatre (IATSE) is an asset
Job Type: Seasonal Contract
Fee Range: $1219.50 per week, as per the fees stated under the Shaw Category in the CTA
As a condition of hire, all new hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination at least five days prior to their start date.
About the Shaw Festival
Inspired by the spirit of Bernard Shaw, the Shaw Festival is one of North America’s finest repertory theatres. Nestled in the heart of the historic town of Niagara-on-the-Lake, located on the banks of Lake Ontario, The Shaw is twenty minutes away from Niagara Falls, and less than a two-hour drive to Toronto.
The Shaw Festival is a place where people who are curious about the world gather to share the unique experience of live theatre and to create a deeper human connection with the artists, the beauty and abundance of Niagara and with each other.
We thank all applicants for their interest.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.