Website Shaw Festival Theatre, Canada
As one of the world’s leading theatre companies and Niagara’s 20 largest employers, The Shaw Festival is dedicated to an ongoing process of increasing diversity and inclusion in our audiences, our programs, and in all of our hiring for staff, artists, and in the recruiting of board members. The Shaw is committed to a future when our theatres joyously draw on and include all peoples, fully reflective of the world around us. As such, the Shaw Festival is an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We encourage and invite applications from applicants who identify as Indigenous, Black or as persons of colour (IBPOC), the LGBTQ2+ communities and those identifying as gender female. In accordance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and in keeping with our wish to ensure a fully inclusive environment, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process. We will be happy to assist.
We acknowledge and honour the land upon which we gather as the historic and traditional territory of First Nations peoples. In particular we recognize and thank the Neutral Nation, the Mississauga and the Haudenosaunee for their stewardship of these lands over millennia.
HEAD OF ELECTRICS
The Shaw Festival is seeking applications for a permanent, full time Head of Electrics. This position is included in the jurisdiction of IATSE Local 461 as outlined in its collective bargaining agreement with the Shaw Festival. This position reports operationally to the Technical Directors and to the Production Director overall. Additionally, this position supports the Lighting Design Director.
· Ensure a safe and effective operation of the Electrics Department throughout the Festival
· Provides departmental leadership and administration including staffing, scheduling, methods, costing, training, R&D and departmental purchasing and capital planning
· Supervises the preparation and implementation of repertory and show hangs, focus and maintenance
· Show programming and operations
· Works closely with Lighting and Projection Designers to achieve their objectives
· Builds positive personnel relationships and resolves conflicts
· Ensures the readiness of all Electrics Dept. personnel, supplies, equipment, facilities and maintenance.
· Develops improved methods to support Shaw Festival production
· Demonstrated operational knowledge of all theatre systems, practices and protocols – minimum 5 years’ experience with 2 years in an Electrics supervisory role
· Proficient understanding of stage lighting methods, programming, materials and related systems ie: conventional, LED, moving lights, accessories, control, dimmers, projection equipment, intranet networking systems and industry related software.
· Proficient abilities interpreting lighting plots, schematics, and drawings
· Extensive knowledge of electronic and electrical fundamentals and code.
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Proven time management and organizational skills with attention to detail
· Proficiency with computer software, typically, Word, Excel, Lightwright; abilities with CAD/Vectorworks would be considered an asset
· A post-secondary education in a technical theatre program or equivalent experience.
· A member of IATSE in good standing
Current hourly rate as per the Production CBA: $35.38 + benefits with a 40-hour weekly guarantee
This posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Human Resources, Director
Shaw Festival Theatre
10 Queen’s Parade, Box 774
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0
While all responses are appreciated, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.