Website Shaw Festival Theatre, Canada
As one of the world’s leading theatre companies and Niagara’s 20 largest employers, The Shaw is dedicated to an ongoing process of increasing diversity and inclusion in our audiences, our programs, and in all of our hiring for staff, artists, and in the recruiting of board members. The Shaw is committed to a future when our theatres joyously draw on and include all peoples, fully reflective of the world around us. As such, the Shaw Festival is an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We encourage and invite applications from applicants who identify as Indigenous, Black or as persons of colour (IBPOC), the LGBTQ2+ communities and those identifying as gender female. In accordance with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and in keeping with our wish to ensure a fully inclusive environment, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process. We will be happy to assist.
We acknowledge and honour the land upon which we gather as the historic and traditional territory of First Nations peoples. In particular we recognize and thank the Neutral Nation, the Mississauga and the Haudenosaunee for their stewardship of these lands over millennia.
Coordinator, Gift Processing
Development Department – Full-time position
The Coordinator, Gift Processing plays a central role in the Development Department’s fundraising and donor stewardship activities, ensuring that all gift transactions and donations are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
This position reports to the Associate Director, Development.
This position works closely with all members of the Development Team; and with the Finance Department for daily balancing/reconciliation/reporting of donations, creation of tax receipts, as well as our annual audit. The Coordinator also works with the Sales department to reconcile any donations through Box Office and, from time to time, with other Shaw Departments for processing Donations in Kind.
1. Daily processing and reconciliation of donations from all sources;
2. Coordination of the tax receipt process on a daily and ongoing basis, with Finance and other Development Team members, as appropriate;
3. Maintaining and updating database, as required;
4. Timely response to and completion of Customer Service Issues (CSI’s);
5. Assisting donors with accounting and receipting issues, by phone and email;
6. Assisting Development or other staff members with enquiries or issues relating to processing or donations;
7. Assisting Finance with the provision of back-up/support for the annual audit.
· Daily processing of all donations including:
o Membership – renewals and acquisitions;
o Special Appeal (SPA);
o Endowment and Restricted donations;
o matching gifts, and gift memberships;
o stock transfers;
o regular deposit of US donations from US Foundation;
o Funds/donations for Special Events and other fund raisers
o Donations in Kind;
o Money on Account (MOA) via website or other Shaw staff (i.e. Box Office or Development staff members);
o Payroll deductions, as per instructions from Payroll/Finance Department;
o Any other donations via Development Staff members, mail, box office and payroll;
· Daily reporting on donations (including: Major, Special, Governors Council, Government, Foundation, Corporate);
· Reconciliation and balancing of daily transactions in Tessitura;
· Working with the Controller to ensure the creation and distribution of accurate tax-receipts on an ongoing basis;
· Maintaining, updating and correcting transactions in Tessitura in order to:
o process any required Fund adjustments;
o ensure correct donor acknowledgements are generated, including Acknowledgement letters, tax receipts, etc.;
o Ongoing account edits from Development staff and returned mail;
o Enter updates to Plans/Create Plans as needed;
· Creation and/or completion and resolution of CSIs;
· Training other Development staff as needed in Processing tasks, including the use of Tessitura.
· Assisting Associate, Reporting and Direct Response with:
o Ongoing testing of processes in Tessitura as they relate to Processing
o Direct Response tasks, such as assisting with Membership renewal, Acquisition or SPA mailers
· Assisting Stewardship Officer with:
o Merging, printing, acknowledgments for Membership donations (Membership renewal, Acquisition or SPA mailers);
· Purchasing office supplies for the department
· Maintaining petty cash for the department
· Assisting with events when required (may involve evening or weekend work on an occasional basis)
The successful candidate will possess the following:
· Strong organizational skills and time management;
· Attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality when dealing with patron’s information;
· Ability to work with others on the Development Team as well as self-directed;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written);
· A professional demeanor and experience/ability in dealing with discerning patrons;
· Experience in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Adobe and Tessitura ideally;
· An appreciation for the arts and for theatre.
Hours of Work:
· The basic work week will total 35 hours
· Monday to Friday
Salary range: $35,000 – $39,000
Please submit cover letter and resume prior to October 28, 2021 at 5pm to:
Att: Director Human Resources
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.