Website Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre
Reporting to the Director of Development, this position will support the design and implementation of special fundraising events that generate revenue and enhance Royal MTC’s profile in the community. In addition, this position is accountable to organize donor recognition events.
A key component of this customer-focused position is building and maintaining key relationships with various levels of stakeholders, including Board members, corporate & individual donors, sponsors, vendors, guests and volunteers. Responsibilities include:
- Work with the Black and White Ball Committee (and the Director of Development) to ensure the execution of the Black & White Ball, our successful annual fundraising event. Develop and maintain the event budget, liaise with an external event planner and vendors, and coordinate ticket sales, silent auction, raffles and other promotions.
- Process event related donations and maintain database.
- Coordinate donor recognition events.
- Plan and execute opening night events.
- Support the annual Lawyer’s Play fundraiser.
- Support for sponsor benefit evenings.
- Post-secondary education in Event Management, Business/Administration or Hospitality considered an asset.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in event planning.
- Customer focused with strong interpersonal skills; Able to foster and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Database software skills an asset.
Given the nature of this position some evening and weekend work will be required.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Devan Graham, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Deadline: December 2, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. We hope to complete interviews before the holiday season and have the candidate in place by mid-January, 2020.
The Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre exists to celebrate the widest spectrum of theatre art. Deeply rooted in the province of Manitoba, which gave it life and provides for its growth, Royal MTC aspires to both reflect and inform the community it serves. www.royalmtc.ca