Website Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre
The Position: Head of Props
This is a full time seasonal positon that typically starts in September through May (26-34 weeks). We do eleven to twelve productions a year; Six on the Mainstage, four at our warehouse space, a touring show and fundraiser with the Manitoba Bar Association
Start Date: Fall 2020
· Compiling the props lists based on information provided by Designers and assembled from reading the script.
· In consultation with the Designer, PM and TD determine the resources required to build each production.
· Ensure that the look of the props and set dressing is consistent with the designs prepared by the Designer.
· Supervise the props department staff and casual employees.
· Ensure equipment and tools are maintained in good and safe working order
· Responsible for maintaining and cataloguing prop stock.
· Track show and department budgets
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in a professional props department; Experience leading a professional theatrical props department.
· Graduate of a recognized theatre training school or have equivalent working experience.
· Sound working knowledge of techniques and materials commonly utilized by theatrical props departments.
· Thorough working knowledge of historical furniture and decorative styles.
· Ability to interpret designs, technical drawings, renderings and Designer jargon.
· Proficient with Microsoft Excel and graphic arts software such as Photoshop or Publisher.
· Drawing and math skills considered an asset.