Website Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre
Artistic Coordinator (3 Year Term)
Working directly with the Artistic Director, this position is a valued member of the Artistic Department of Royal MTC, and provides direct support for the Artistic Director. This role includes elements of company management, and supporting visiting and local artists in their interactions and engagement with Royal MTC. The ideal candidate is highly organized, has a warm communication style, and a passion for supporting the arts!
Artistic Director and Artistic Department Support
· Liaise between Artistic Director, Royal MTC and the local and national artistic communities.
· Schedule meetings, travel, speaking engagements, travel arrangements and accommodations.
· Participate in season planning meetings, artistic and production meetings as required.
· Support the Associate Artistic Director and Producer as required.
Auditions, Artist Support, Travel and Accommodation
· Liaise with Directors and the Artistic Director to determine casting needs, secure locations, schedule auditions, and distribute information to the local and national acting community and agencies.
· With local auditions, attend or be available during auditions to assist the Director.
· Coordinate audition travel and accommodation for Directors and other creative artists.
· Be a resource to local and visiting artists.
· Provide support and assistance for general travel and accommodation for artists.
Other duties include assisting the Outreach Department with Scholarship, Assistant and Apprenticeship interviews and auditions as needed, and supporting other Royal MTC projects such as the Lawyers Play and fundraising events. This role is currently responsible for coordinating youth auditions as necessary, and stewarding all child performer requirements, including communication with parents and guardians.
· Demonstrated experience in an administrative role.
· Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
· Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
· Able to manage multiple priorities while being flexible to adjust priorities and tasks quickly.
· Appreciation of arts and culture; Passion for theatre considered an asset.
· Professional demeanor and phone etiquette.
· Proficient in Microsoft, experience with Tessitura an asset.
This is a full-time term position for a three-season contract ending May 31, 2022 and includes a comprehensive health and benefits package.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Devan Graham, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Deadline: September 30, 2019.
The Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre exists to celebrate the widest spectrum of theatre art. Deeply rooted in the province of Manitoba, which gave it life and provides for its growth, Royal MTC aspires to both reflect and inform the community it serves. Canada’s oldest regional theatre, each season Royal MTC produces ten plays at two venues as well as the Winnipeg Fringe Theatre Festival, a Master Playwright Festival, and an annual regional tour. www.royalmtc.ca