Website Repercussion Theatre
Repercussion Theatre is Shakespeare-in-the-Park in Montreal
Repercussion Theatre is the company that brings you Shakespeare in the Park each summer in Montreal. We bring professional theatre to parks across the city and beyond, and we play an active role in reimagining the ways in which Shakespeare can help spark dialogue about the important issues of our time.
We are currently looking for an Operations Manager. We are seeking dedicated, motivated, resourceful people who want to be a vital part of our team. We are open to adapting this role (and a few other positions) depending on the particular skillsets of applicants, and we encourage anyone who feels passionate about working with the company to communicate with us. Please include a letter describing why you wish to work with Repercussion Theatre and in what capacity, a cv, and a list of 2-3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Interviews will ideally be held in early January, and we are looking to fill the positions as soon as possible.)
1. Operations Manager
As one of the core staff, the Operations Manager oversees the daily operations of the company including (but not limited to) contracts, records and office logistics; you will work closely with the Artistic Director to contribute to big-picture budgeting, work with funders, and provide support/guidance to short-term contract staff. The Operations Manager will also work closely with the Director of Communications and Development, and answer to the Artistic Director.
Note that this position will expand and contract with our summer season:
– Full-time from April 1 – August 23
– Part-time (approx. 2-3 days/week) the rest of the year
The ideal candidate will have solid financial know-how, experience in management and Human Resources, and be passionate about running a smooth-sailing ship.
The proposed remuneration will be discussed with interested candidates. Our goal is to find the best working relationship for everyone involved, sodetails regarding working hours during the off-season will be negotiated as required, to allow for the successful candidate to balance other projects.
Duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
General Operation/Financial Management
– With the Artistic Director, create an operating budget for each year; Closely and regularly
monitor the operating budget, to ensure the year’s financial control.
– Work closely with the bookkeeper to maintain the flow of financial information from
operations to the accounts.
– Monitor cash flow.
– Create quarterly reports for the Board of Directors re the company’s financial situation, and attend 3-4 board meetings.
– Act as second signing officer for all financial documents and transactions.
– Keep insurance updated (board, volunteer, tour)
– Ensure Deductions at Source are done Monthly.
– Ensure GST QST reporting is done quarterly.
– Keep track of and ensure organization of important files (including contracts).
– Manage the office, and schedule IT support as needed.
– Schedule audit and provide necessary materials to auditor.
Monitor Receivables/Payables and Payroll
Track royalty payments to designers & playwrights.
Reconcile the credit card and pay bank fees as needed.
Make deposits as needed (daily during tour)
– With the Artistic Director, hire, train and supervise new employees (4+/- per year:
Communications assistant, Development assistant, Volunteer coordinator, Concessions Manager)
– Deal with Canada Summer Jobs and Emploi Québec
– Some government reporting for employees (DAS, CNESST, ROE’s, T4’s)
– Create contracts for administrative employees.
– Stay current with Canadian Theatre Agreement standards.
– Create contracts for tour personnel (including artists – CAEA, APASQ) though the Operations Manager is not responsible for the management of the production personnel.
Development: Grants & Governmental relationships
– With the Artistic Director and Director of Communications and Development, evaluate
the company’s financial needs with respect to current and projected activities, and
determine potential sources of funding.
– With the Artistic Director, craft multi-year and project applications to governmental funding
bodies – CALQ, CALQ Touring, CAM, CAM en Tournée.
– With the Artistic Director, fill in the necessary reports– CALQ, CALQ Touring, CAM, CAM en