Website Red Sky Performance
Canada's leading company of Indigenous dance, theatre, music and media
Red Sky Performance is seeking a full-time General Manager for a one-year term, with the possibility of extension.
The role of General Manager is responsible for the management of Red Sky Performance’s operational plan which incorporates objectives and targets for programs, planning and logistics, national and international touring, revenue generation, grant writing, proposals and negotiations, administrative and personnel contracts, budgeting and reporting. Working with the staff and the Board of Directors to prepare a comprehensive Annual Business Plan, ancillary budget and supporting process, and overseeing sound financial management and governance in conjunction with the Board of Directors. This position will enable the General Manager to develop new skills and extend his or her knowledge of Indigenous arts and culture within Canada’s leading First Nations’ organization.
The General Manager requires a deep commitment to and engagement with Red Sky Performance’s artistic goals and company ethos, as well as a strong sense of responsibility and an excellent work ethic. Under the leadership of the Executive & Artistic Director, and working in a collegiate manner with other staff members, the General Manager will make a valuable and tangible contribution to achieving Red Sky Performance’s vision ‘To create inspiring experiences of contemporary Indigenous arts and culture’.
The role of General Manager is a dynamic, action-oriented position with core responsibility for managing the Red Sky Performance administration; developing and overseeing the implementation of forward programming; contracting and coordinating the employment of artistic, production and administrative personnel; preparing and monitoring operating and project budgets; overseeing national and international touring; negotiating contracts for productions, partnerships and new initiatives; writing proposals for, and reporting on, funding submissions to government, private and business funders; representing Red Sky Performance at industry and business forums, arts markets and conferences.
As an Indigenous arts organization, we believe that a cultural connection is important for effective communication within our office and artistic environment and the General Manager will reflect this.
As an integral part of the Red Sky Performance team, the General Manager will work with us to develop processes and outcomes that have integrity, depth of meaning and experience, and a tangible cultural sensibility that is uniquely Red Sky Performance.
To learn more about Red Sky Performance, visit our website: www.redskyperformance.com
We invite qualified candidates to submit a detailed resume and cover letter, outlining qualifications and describing why you are suited to the position.
The General Manager will be chosen for her or his unique synergy of skills and self-identified professional development targets.
Skills and Qualifications:
· At least five years relevant professional work experience.
· University or college degree in areas such as: humanities, arts administration, business management, creative industries, cultural sector and/or not-for-profit sector.
· Demonstrated skills and expertise in business and arts administration, in areas such as operations, finance, governance, human resources, fundraising, public affairs.
· High level of professionalism and ability to interface with senior-level professionals.
· Ability to interact with multiple and diverse individuals and groups;
· Excellent communication, analytical, and motivational skills;
· Experience with strategic planning, goal and target setting;
· Strong organizational skills and demonstrated attention to detail;
· Ability to work independently and to manage a number of projects in a deadline driven environment.
· Must show initiative and drive in completing projects and achieving results;
· Knowledge of the Indigenous arts community and cultures a strong asset;
· Demonstrated research abilities and expertise in maintaining paper and database files;
· Solid computer skills, specifically with Word, Excel;
· Commitment to work scheduled business hours as well as after hours, as required.
We encourage candidates of Indigenous ancestry to apply.
Salary range: $50 – $65,000, commensurate with experience.
How to submit:
A cover letter and CV should be sent to the Executive & Artistic Director, Sandra Laronde by email to: Sandra@redskyperformance.com