Website Realwheels Theatre
ARE YOU OUR NEWEST BOARD MEMBER?
Realwheels is an award-winning Vancouver-based theatre company with a mandate to deepen audiences’ understanding of the disability experience. A vital part of Realwheels work is community engagement.
We’re seeking conscientious board members to help strengthen our ability to combine theatrical excellence with a commitment to inclusion of disability. Someone who’s passionate about what we do and the community we serve.
Persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
In 2020 we are looking for a Treasurer, Secretary as well as two members-at-large.
Board members serve a three-year term, with eligibility for renewal. The board meets approximately 10x/year and is actively engaged in articulating and supporting the company’s strategic initiatives. Beyond board meetings, members-at-large are occasionally asked to sit on Board committees which normally meet every 4-8 weeks.
• A pragmatic yet imaginative mindset, with a strong interest in serving our sector.
• A big picture visionary, with ability to recognize priorities and a willingness to roll up your sleeves, join the team, and help us reach our objectives.
• A cultural philanthropy mindset.
• Skills in capacity building, strategic planning, fundraising, events are all desirable.
• Experience in the non-profit world and/or with the disability community (preferred)
• Experience in the arts and with an arts board (preferred)
• Familiarity with BC Societies Act (preferred)
• A meaningful board experience and an opportunity for enrichment.
• Insight and direct connection to the performing arts.
• Engagement with the disability community.
Realwheels strongly supports and values diversity and fosters an equitable and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from members of all equity-seeking groups. We will be pleased to assist you with appropriate accommodation within your capacity as a Board member.
HOW TO APPLY:
By email, including your CV and a short cover letter explaining why this board opportunity appeals to you, and what you anticipate bringing to the table.
Please print: “Enthusiastic Board Candidate” in subject line!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.