Website Prairie Theatre Exchange
Prairie Theatre Exchange (Winnipeg, MB) is looking to hire one, full-time position to begin end of February 2022 (negotiable).
40 hours per week
Some evening/weekend work will be required
$50,000 – $55,000
Health benefits, parking, paid vacation
PTE’s new Publicity and Social Media Manager is a creative thinker with an original voice, passionate about telling the exciting story of Prairie Theatre Exchange, our work, our initiatives, and our values. We are looking for an individual whose creative mindset and beliefs align with those of PTE; someone with a passion for expression and communication and for building meaningful connections with our audiences and communities. Working with and reporting to the Artistic and Managing Directors, the Publicity and Social Media Manager plays a vital role in the implementation of our company’s brand/voice across all public facing communications and is successful at positioning PTE as a leader in contemporary theatre and arts both locally and nationally.
– Ensure the consistent implementation of the organization’s branding/voice in all public facing communications
– Grow the organization’s brand and profile locally, nationally, and internationally
– Act as main liaison for all public/media relations and initiatives
– Seek and organize all publicity and promotional opportunities for media coverage of all PTE programming and events
– Manage and organize all media and photo calls
– Plan, research, write, and send all media releases
– Maintain and update media and industry lists
– Organize opening night/special event invitations and RSVPs
– Create and produce newsletter content
– Develop, manage, create, and publish social media content and campaigns
– Hire photographers and videographers for digital content and when otherwise required
– Build meaningful follower/audience connections and grow the organization’s social media following
– Increase brand awareness and encourage social media/digital engagement
– Maintain brand presence on all social media platforms using best practices and knowledge of industry trends
– Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase visibility
– Capture and analyze the appropriate social data/metrics, insights, and social media best practices
– Budget management
– Work and attend all opening nights, fundraising and special events/initiatives
– Provide logistical support for special events when necessary
– Maintain a well-organized photo and video content system
– Assist with grant applications and organizational development initiatives, as directed
– Original thinker with a strong interest in telling PTE’s story
– Post-secondary education in communications, marketing, arts administration, fundraising or equivalent
– Minimum of 3 years working experience in roles with similar duties
– On-the-pulse knowledge of local and national events, partnerships, and happenings
– Experience with utilizing all major social media platforms
– Experience with newsletter creation and platforms (Mailchimp or equivalent)
– Superb written and verbal communication skills, with experience writing captivating material for different groups/personnel
– Passion for the performing arts
– Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, and cloud-based file sharing applications as well as social media management software such as Hootsuite
– Highly organized, detail oriented, with strong ability to prioritize and time manage
– Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
– Self-starter who enjoys jump-starting initiatives and who drives results
– Ability to problem solve, embrace flexibility and versatility, while working in a fast-paced, evolving environment
HOW TO APPLY
Prairie Theatre Exchange is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community and our country. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage submissions from individuals of all genders, cultures, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, and abilities who possess the skills and qualities listed above.
Prairie Theatre Exchange is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process.
Email, phone, voice memo, and in-person applications are all acceptable. If you wish to apply in any other way, please email or call us and we will make arrangements for you to do so.
Applicants are asked to submit a resume and cover letter.
Email applications may be directed to: email@example.com
Include in subject line “Publicity and Social Media Manager”
Phone applications can go to 204.925.5251
Prairie Theatre Exchange thanks all candidates for their interest, however we will only contact those selected for interviews.
The land where PTE creates is Treaty 1 Territory, the traditional territory of the Anishinaabeg, Cree, Dakota, and Métis nations and home to many other Indigenous nations and peoples.
February 1, 2022
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.