Website Prairie Theatre Exchange
For 45 years, Prairie Theatre Exchange has been an integral part of Manitoba’s arts and cultural infrastructure and a catalyst in the development of innovative contemporary theatre and drama education. We are seeking a visionary leader for the role of Artistic Director to continue PTE’s success and build greater visibility for the organization while delivering on the mission:
- To operate a professional theatre of high calibre for the entertainment and edification of a broad spectrum of people.
- To operate a school to encourage appreciation of theatre and to provide accessible, high quality, innovative drama education.
- To support the development of new plays.
- To foster theatre arts-related endeavours of others through use of our facilities and expertise.
About Prairie Theatre Exchange
Operating within a $2.1 million dollar budget, the company has an excellent track record of stability and known as a great place to work. Our season includes 5 adult mainstage plays, a family holiday play, a TYA tour (which tours throughout Winnipeg and Manitoba), the Carol Shields Festival of New Works and a theatre school for ages 6 through adult. In 2007, to support and encourage artists, PTE formed a Playwright Unit that includes a mix of new and established playwrights who encompass a broad range of personal experience.
About the Role
We are seeking an Artistic Director who can continue the commitment to excellence and embrace the challenge of combining innovation with fiscal responsibility. The Artistic Director is part of a 2-person Senior Management Team, which also includes the General Manager, each of whom reports individually to the Board of Directors. This team works collaboratively to fulfill the mandate of the company.
Key expectations of the Artistic Director include selecting the season of plays (adult and theatre for young audiences), directing at least 2 plays each season, developing new plays, and building strong relationships with the theatre school and local arts community. The new Artistic Director will finalize the plans for the 2018-19 season and will take over fulltime duties at a date to be negotiated.
The successful candidate will be dynamic leader with:
- Leadership experience at a senior level with the ability to balance day to day responsibilities while executing on high level strategic objectives and have the experience and people skills to build relationships, inspire confidence in their team and with stakeholders.
- Compelling communication skills with successful fundraising track record and grant writing experience.
- Exceptional relationship management ability with diverse stakeholders including the Board, funders, government, donors, private sector, the Arts community, and general public.
- Demonstrated interest or existing involvement as a leader in the Arts community.
Application Information: To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter by November 10th, 2017 to the Search Committee at email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those under further consideration will be contacted.