Website Persephone Theatre
POSITION: General Manager
Have you enjoyed years of working with dedicated, talented staff as you made your career in the arts? Have the rewards of working in theatre more than matched the resources and commitment that have been asked of you? Have you celebrated accomplishments, and built strong community relationships? Do you have strong leadership and organizational skills?
Are you thinking about what’s next for you?
Join a team where you can be a leader, and where you can pursue the aspirations of an already substantial career. Come to a city and community full of potential and energy, with a quality of life that is unattainable in many other centres. Be part of a theatre where you can continue to learn and grow. Enjoy being at the forefront of one of Canada’s fastest-growing cultural communities, in a position where you will make a difference.
Consider the role of General Manager of Persephone Theatre in Saskatoon.
Persephone Theatre is looking for an individual who can provide strategic leadership and manage the administrative aspects of Persephone Theatre’s operations and programs.
The successful incumbent will lead a staff of approximately 20 and be responsible to;
- provide team-based, collaborative leadership that delivers on the priorities of the Theatre
- oversee and execute all financial aspects of a Regional Theatre
- optimize the effectiveness of Persephone Theatre’s operations
- advise the Board of Directors on strategic issues and directions
- maximize Persephone Theatre’s revenue potential
- engage public interest to ensure the continued support and growth of Persephone Theatre
- lead the development and implementation of effective people-centered processes
- work successfully with a wide variety of people to help Persephone Theatre thrive and grow
Persephone Theatre is a not-for-profit theatre. The General Manager is accountable to the Board of Directors and will work in partnership with the Artistic Director to manage the long-term strategic goals of the organization as well as daily activities in manner that moves forward the theatre’s Mission and ensure the company remains a resilient and sustainable organization.
Qualifications and skills:
- Post-secondary education in arts management and/or equivalent professional experience;
- A minimum of 5 years of theatre management experience in a not-for-profit environment;
Candidates should possess a strong command of the business and financial side of a multimillion-dollar theatre organization and facility, including theatre and financial management, staff development, communication skills, and government relations. A track record in donor stewardship and the successful solicitation of individual and major gifts is necessary. Candidates must know how to work effectively with board members, staff, volunteers, and other community leaders.
Key competencies include:
- Leadership and Personal Accountability – The capacity to organize and motivate other people with a sense of purpose and direction while being accountable for personal and professional actions.
- Teamwork, Diplomacy, and Employee Development/Coaching – The ability to treat others fairly while facilitating and supporting the professional growth of others and achieving extraordinary business results through people and a teamwork approach.
- Customer Focus – The commitment to patron, board member, staff, and volunteer satisfaction.
- Planning, Organizing, and Managing Time and Priorities – The ability to ascertain top priorities, anticipate outcomes and risks, and establish appropriate courses of action.
Persephone Theatre is an equal-opportunity employer and strongly supports and values diversity in the workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome.
Please send applications with cover letter, resume and a list of references to:
Persephone Theatre Search Committee
100 Spadina Crescent East, Saskatoon, SK S7K 0L3
OR by email: Persephone@k2mgt.ca
We thank all those who apply for the position. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted and that the search will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to Persephone@k2mgt.ca.