Website Persephone Theatre
Persephone Theatre, a leading cultural institution in the City of Saskatoon, is looking for a creative and passionate Artistic Associate – Youth Programming. This position is directly responsible for the management of Persephone’s Youth Programming and ensures that these programs serve Persephone’s vision and mandate as well as the Saskatoon community.
Persephone sits amidst an increasingly vibrant city centre and attracts a loyal and diverse audience looking for the very best in theatre experiences. From its busy mainstage, studio stage, and rehearsal halls; to its theatre school and youth programming; and the many events held in its venue, Persephone Theatre has established itself as a cultural hub.
Persephone Theatre is undergoing a period of profound reflection and reinvention. We are actively attending to our core company values and ensuring our artistic programming, play development, and leadership models better serve, support and centre the stories and creative needs of all Saskatchewan artists.
Persephone Theatre is looking for an individual who is excited to take on the following responsibilities:
· Undertake short and long term planning of Youth Programming
· Plan, manage, and implement the Youth Tour, Youth Presentation Series, and Young Company
· Assist the Artistic Director and General Manager with planning and administrative duties and on key tasks that relate to budgets, grants, and other tasks as required
· Uphold a knowledge of and relationship with other youth producers and presenters
· Oversee the Young Company annual program and productions which may include training the ensemble and/or directing the production, at the discretion of the Artistic Director
· Coordinating and booking schools for Student Matinees including pre-show announcements and post-show conversations/talkbacks
· Assist with planning, writing, and assembly of the Theatre’s funding applications, as needed, including properly executing the online submission of these applications
· Literary Management and script research:
o Submissions for recommendation to the Artistic Director
o Research scripts and productions as required by the Artistic Director
o Participate in the Season Planning process
o Assist the Artistic Director in managing the theatre’s dramaturgical practices, play development, playwright’s unit
· Participate in strategic planning and professional development, as necessary
· Mange the intake of mentorship and placement requests for the Artistic Director
· Prepare and deliver pre-show speeches as necessary
· Update the AD/GM on youth programming activities prior to Board meetings
· Work with the Artistic Director, General Manager, and Development Officer to help complete grant applications, sponsorship proposals and necessary reporting related to youth programming
Qualifications and skills:
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
· Creative and collaborative with a passion for new ideas;
· An energetic attitude and strong work ethic;
· Passion for theatre;
· Good research skills;
· Great sense of humour;
· Previous administrative experience is preferred;
· Experience with the theatre for young audience genre is beneficial
Key competencies include:
· Personal Accountability – a self-motivated sense of purpose and direction that supports reliability and accountability for personal and professional actions.
· Customer Focus – the commitment to patron, donor, supporter and prospect satisfaction.
· Planning, Organizing, and Managing Time and Priorities – the ability to ascertain top priorities, forecast while anticipating outcomes and risks, and establishing appropriate courses of action.
· Professional deportment – the position may require the candidate to become one of the public “faces” of the organization.