Finance & Contract Administrator (permanent part-time)
Pacific Theatre is entering its 37th season of producing professional theatre in Vancouver under the banner “Theatre that Matters”.
Pacific Theatre aspires to delight, provoke and stimulate dialogue by producing theatre that rigorously explores the spiritual aspects of human experience.
Our mission statement is to serve Christ in our community by creating theatre with artistic, spiritual, relational, and financial integrity.
In addition to our full subscription season of plays, we are committed to the nurturing of emerging artists. Not only do we welcome up-and-coming theatre artists to train with us for a year-long apprenticeship program, we also welcome guest productions in our season and prioritize the development of new plays by both established and emerging playwrights.
We strive to make Pacific Theatre feel like home for everyone who is involved, whether as a staff member, artist, technician, volunteer or audience member!
We are looking for an experienced bookkeeper to join our team.
- Reports to the Executive Director
- Prepare and submit financial records to our accountant for the year-end review engagement
- Manage cash-flow, preparing quarterly cash-flow projections
- Keep accurate records and assign all income and expenditure to the appropriate accounts.
- Administration of the semi-monthly payroll
- Administration of all banking activities, including bank deposits, transfers, writing of cheques etc.
- Pay all bills and invoices, including significant numbers of independent contractors
- Keep accurate records of CPP, EI, income tax and pay the Receiver General
- Check and examine all expenditures by staff for accuracy
- Apply for GST rebates
- Administration of contracts for freelance artists (Canadian Actors Equity Association, Associated Designers of Canada, non-union artists)
- Other administrative duties as needed
The ideal candidate:
- has a diploma in bookkeeping or sufficient financial/accounting experience to ensure the organization has complete and accurate financial records
- is familiar with Quickbooks
- is organized and works well in a team atmosphere
- is comfortable working within a faith-based organization
- is familiar with CAEA and ADC – this is an advantage, but not essential