Theatre exploring the spiritual aspects of the human experience.
We are looking to hire a new Executive Director to lead Pacific Theatre into the next stage of its journey as one of Vancouver’s most exciting theatres. We produce a full subscription season of 7 plays in our 128-seat alley-style theatre in the Chalmers Heritage building.
The successful candidate will commence their position in the Spring of 2020.
● Board of Directors
● Artistic Director
● Director of Development, Production Manager, Producer, Marketing Manager, Box Office Manager, Apprentices
To ensure the healthy and sustainable operations of the theatre by working directly with the Artistic Director to carry forward the strategic vision and mandate, while managing daily operations and annual planning, budgeting, hiring and supervising of staff, coordinating and executing grant applications (with the Director of Development), assisting in creating development plans, and overseeing the company’s venue initiatives.
The ideal candidate will model and uphold Pacific Theatre’s values of being faith-based, artist-focused, community-centred, excellence-oriented and unconventionally-minded.
Primary Responsibilities include:
● Create and manage annual operating budget in cooperation with Financial Manager (approx. $800,000)
● Report on financials and business at all Board Meetings, coordinating with the Board Chair and Treasurer
● Represent Pacific Theatre at PT and other Industry Events (ie. GVPTA, PACT conference)
● Leading the staff team of 7 FTE, including managing HR issues and questions. Pacific Theatre has a small, friendly, open office environment with a significant focus on team dynamics and mutual support.
● Coordinate and execute grant applications and reporting, together with the Artistic Director and Director of Development
● Assist the Director of Development to create and execute annual Development strategy with the support of staff and/or consultants
● Meet and Communicate with Major Donors
● Liaise with Board Chair regarding Strategic Planning and Board initiatives
● Attend Financial, Fund Development, and Venue Working Group meetings
● Manage venue transition
Knowledge and Skills Required:
● Experience or education in arts management an asset.
● Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, including relationship building.
● Creative thinking and problem solving.
● Able to meet deadlines and be intrinsically motivated.
● Interested in contributing to and being a member of an integrated team.
● Familiarity with Mac OSX, Theatre Manager, Quickbooks Online, and Microsoft Office an asset.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.