One Yellow Rabbit is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced team player to fill the contract position of Audience Services Manager for their 34thAnnual High Performance Rodeo, Calgary’s International Festival of the Arts.
A key member of the High Performance Rodeo team, and reporting to the Festival Producer, the Audience Services Manager oversees the festival’s Box Office and Front of House operations; to provide exceptional customer experience. With responsibilities before, during and after the festival, the Audience Services Manager leads a team of approximately 20 Front of House and Box Office staff during the Festival and works closely with our volunteers.
Contract dates:Preferred start date is October 28, 2019. Contract ends February 14, 2020. The High Performance Rodeo runs January 8 – 26, 2020.
Anticipated Hours: This contract position is estimated at 30 hours per week, with extended hours required during the festival January 8 – 26, 2020. It is an expectation of all applicants that they be available for full-time festival hours, including evenings and weekends.
We are looking for a candidate with a background in ticket sales, front of house operations, customer service, leading a team of staff, and working closely with volunteers. Similar roles in the performing arts, at festivals, and/or live events will be considered a strong asset for this position. As will a valid driver’s license, the ability to drive a rental vehicle and/or access to a vehicle for use during the festival. Experience working with Tessitura Network to sell tickets, create reports, and manage patron databases is a requirement.
· Manage daily operations of the Festival Box Office, venue box offices and Front of House for all High Performance Rodeo venues.
· Work closely with fellow festival team members to ensure the best available standards of hospitality, access, and inclusiveness for audiences at the festival.
· Provide front-line customer service including ticket sales in person and over the phone, responding to patron queries, troubleshooting and resolving escalated patron complaints when needed.
· Scheduling & Supervision of casual box office staff for all High Performance Rodeo, including training as needed.
· Manage (HPR) venues, liaise & Coordinate HPR satellite box office locations at venues across downtown Calgary, multitasking and troubleshooting between multiple venues at the same time.
· Coordinate & distribute Box Office kits for satellite venues in coordination with Marketing and Technical Director.
· Establish and build a group sales clientele, including sourcing out, contacting, arranging and maintaining all aspects of group sales
· Attend HPR team meetings, and contribute to pre-festival planning.
· Prepare and distribute weekly ticket sales reports for HPR Team.
· Prepare final sales reports for HPR.
· Work with OYR’s Accountant to manage cash floats for all HPR venues.
· Attend monthly Tessitura User Group meetings.
· Liaise with Arts Commons Box Office.
· Coordinate OYR “Concierge Service”.
· Manage invite lists for openings and receptions.
· In coordination with Artist Liaison, coordinate Artist Passes distribution.
· Other box office, front of house and administrative duties as required.
To apply for this position please email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday August 19 at 5pm with the subject heading AUDIENCE SERVICES MANAGER HPR2020:
- A cover letter detailing your interest in the position addressed to Laurel Green, Festival Producer
- A resume that highlights your relevant experience
- 2 references with current contact information
The High Performance Rodeo is committed to employment equity and diversity, and encourage applications from all interested individuals. We can provide training in certain aspects of the position, and want to support the right candidate to be successful in this contract role.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only those candidates offered an interview will be contacted.
About One Yellow Rabbit’s High Performance Rodeo:
For three wild weeks in January, One Yellow Rabbit’s High Performance Rodeo, Calgary’s International Festival of the Arts, is where the action is. It’s a chance to watch touring performances from across Canada, acclaimed international shows, and new and experimental work from artists here in Calgary. The programming is bold, cutting-edge, funny, frank, and full of heart. There’s theatre, dance, music, film, free lunchtime concerts, late-night cabarets, and so much more. Shows in the basement of the Calgary Tower, at the Royal Canadian Legion, in the +15’s, a wrestling ring, an elevator, in City Hall, Eau Claire Market, the Glenbow, Central Library, Big Secret Theatre, Lunchbox, DJD, and the Jack Singer Concert Hall.
The High Performance Rodeo takes over downtown Calgary in all shapes, sizes, and sounds – defying description and tantalizing the tastes of arts and culture lovers. Audiences brave the January cold or revel in the chinook heat-wave, comb over the festival guide, and come out to play. The High Performance Rodeo is about championing creativity, building community, celebrating diverse voices, and promoting self-expression in all forms. For 33 years, the festival has been a launching pad for local artists and a spotlight onto the world’s stage. It’s a unique experience that only happens in Calgary. Please visit hprodeo.ca for more information.