Canada is our stage.
Those four words inform everything we do as a catalyst for performance, creation and learning across this great land. We are proud to be a home for many of Canada’s most exciting artists who captivate audiences on our stages and on stages across the country.
The Marketing Department of the National Arts Centre is currently seeking an energetic and highly motivated arts marketing professional to join our team.
Planning and managing a comprehensive range of efforts aimed at achieving attendance and ticket revenue goals; building new audiences; and increasing French Theatre’s local and national visibility. You will manage the French Theatre’s marketing budget and be responsible for forecasting, and evaluating marketing campaign results. In your day-to-day work, you will work closely with various external stakeholders (agencies, community partners) as well as internal team members such as the Communications Officer and the French Theatre programming team. You will also work with other marketing staff on multi-disciplinary projects. This position reports to the Associate Director of Marketing.
· University degree in Business or Marketing and five (5) to eight (8) years of relevant experience in a performing arts venue or equivalent combination of education and experience;
· Superior marketing skills, including planning and execution of marketing campaigns with a focus on digital tactics, monitoring and analyzing campaign results and developing all materials used to support the campaigns;
· Strong knowledge of social media and its various platforms
· Strong knowledge of the performing arts in general and theatre in particular;
· Solid knowledge of the marketing/communications environment in the National Capital Region;
· Experience both working on and leading teams;
· Demonstrate initiative and sound judgement, excellent interpersonal skills with superior planning and acute attention to detail;
· Ability to prioritize, with quick and efficient decision making and to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment as part of a very busy team environment;
· Superior French language skills and ability to communicate in English.
To apply for this job please visit nac-cna.ca.